Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

Re: Datsuns On The Street, Things people say about our Dattos out and about
Home away from home
From Wamboin near ACT(canberra)
Group:
Registered Users
i get a heap in the ute, always catch ppl when i come out of the shop either taking pics or just checking it out, i busted a rather large girl and her friend at harvey norman canberra, the big girl was putting on a rather erotic pose in front of my ute for her friends camera phone, lol spewing i didnt get it bluetoothed 2 mine.

I also get alot of 45 onward old blokes telling me stories. Mainly at servo stations, and also people trying 2 give me parts etc. And the UP THE DATO is also heard a heap. Its pretty good 2 see they still attract so much interest, and as time goes on its only going 2 become more of an interest...

Yea me and d1t got stuck at the servo, the old fella was trying 2 give us 180b hub caps etc, and he wanted 2 see the engine in my ute and it went on 4eva, lol no escape

Posted on: 2008/8/9 10:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Schofields
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

luvdat wrote:
my mate beat a hotted up Mitsubishi Mirage in a bucket of crap 180b,should of seen the guys face!!! priceless! then when we pulled up at the lights he was like "wtf is in that thing" we replied "dirty old near dead L18"

180B's are not buckets of crap...Luke's is awesome...just gotta learn to drive manual..then i might actually make the wagon manual..or maybe keep it as auto..but if i actually learn to drive a manual without stalling or forgetting to take the handbrake off!! then it'll make it a sh!tload easier for me to buy another datto!!!!!..ie: a datto that runs n doesnt need rebuilding!!

Posted on: 2008/8/9 11:33

Just can't stay away
From W.A.
Group:
Registered Users
the standard coments i get are,
"go the datto"
"is it for sale"
"f*&K"
"have you got a rotary in there". (usually after screaming at over 7300 rpm).

at the track
"hows your half car going"
i've even had "if you let me buy it you can still race it and i'll be you pit crew'' tempting that one, but no. deep down i don't believe she ment it.

i am also guilty of asking 1200 owners if their cars are for sale.

keep up the good work.

Posted on: 2008/8/9 11:55

Home away from home
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I used to always have notes under my windscreen wipers asking if it was for sale and leaving a phone number... and of course I'm guilty of that one too. I think it's every Datsun enthusiasts dream to find an old Granny or Gramps with a rust free 1200 in their shed with 50,000 on the clock ready to sell. The truth is the ones you see a owned by other Datusn enthusiasts that know exactly how desirable the little gem is.

And always I was told: 'You should put a rotor in there, everyone does it'. Too bad I loved my NA 'CA'.

Posted on: 2008/8/9 12:16

From newcastle, NSW
Group:
Registered Users
There is a story that happened in my 1000, i think i've told it on on here before, but i'll tell it again.

When i got the turbo motor in the 1000 i took for a drive one night, and had a car load of bogans in a commodore pulled up next to me at a set of lights, before to long the people on the passenger side are hanging out the window saying 'What a peice of ####!' and 'Wanna drag mate?' full on bagging out my humble 1000. When the light turned green i blew their doors off!!! i over took the whilst sideways! The next set of lights and they caught up to me again and the were al yahooing saying 'That was Sick man!' and of course the usual comment 'Smoke 'em up!' i thought what a bunch of wankers!

Unfortunatly there are narrow-minded people who think that our beloved Dato's are old fashioned and slow compared to newer, more sophisticated vehicles, this may be true but of course the old saying is true, 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'.
Although most feedback is positive there are people out there that are narrow-minded until they get their doors blown off by a dato!

Posted on: 2008/8/9 12:43

From south australia
Group:
Registered Users
i had a car load of girls overtake my 1200 on the freeway whilst taking photos of my beast

Posted on: 2008/8/9 13:14

Home away from home
From 6065
Group:
Registered Users
I'v had "thats the smallest torana i've ever seen" from a hotrodder and then one afternoon i walk out the front to see 3 dudes hangin out the window of their falcon,towing a hq tonner, and i hear "ohh thats f**ken sic" then " it's a f**kin datsun!"

Posted on: 2008/8/9 15:10

Home away from home
From GOLD COAST AUZ
Group:
Registered Users
Driving in SURFERS GOLDCOAST a bus waiting at stop light me on the right side doing the same. All these Japanes Blokes stormed out the bus walked around the orange 120y taking phtos. Was doing this for at least four changes in red lights, no one was moving. Near 30 blokes around me.

Posted on: 2008/8/9 23:32

From SE Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
by holeshot on 2008/8/10 9:32:11

Driving in SURFERS GOLDCOAST a bus waiting at stop light me on the right side doing the same. All these Japanes Blokes stormed out the bus walked around the orange 120y taking phtos. Was doing this for at least four changes in red lights, no one was moving. Near 30 blokes around me.

Awesome story! Should cruise the surfers paradise road more often to get some weirdly cool attention from Japanese tourists!

Kirei des ne!

Posted on: 2008/8/9 23:39

Just can't stay away
From Bendigo
Group:
Registered Users
My d12 wagon isn't on the road just YET! I'ts 100% granny spec cept extractors (even got orig hubbys) Few days away from roady! My mates are already giving me soo much #### saying ' Can't wait to see you not being able to do 100kph'. ' No replacement for displacement'. I say back to them ''when you can't afford fuel for your big fckn eurotrash elephant's I might give you a lift''.
One day these infidels will see the light!

Posted on: 2008/8/11 17:08

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.