Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Wheel bearing data as requested
Home away from home
From Seattle ,WA.
Group:
Registered Users
Her's the bearings I received for the coupe, they're both in Federal Mogul boxes with the part# RW115R & a G in front of that in different printing.

the sizes are on the paper, the bearing were identical in size but the retainers were different & I used one of the older ones just to make sure the axle seal rode in the correct place. I didn't realize it until measuring the axles but that explained why there's a difference in ID between the collar & the bearing, the axle is stepped down slightly past the bearing seat. They cost me $67 for two including shipping which I though was a pretty good deal considering how F-in hard they're to find.

And I couldn't resist sticking in a picture of my strut assemblies - all new cartridges, insulators, boots & repacked bearings...., maybe one day the rest of the car will look this good!

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2009/8/6 16:12

Edited by edp on 2009/8/6 16:28:01
Edited by edp on 2009/8/6 16:30:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Wheel bearing data as requested
Home away from home
From Oberon NSW {Bathurst}
Group:
Registered Users
Does that yellow thing in the photo take bbbbbatterys? I could have sold you a full set for that price A$. . They are expensive little buggers aren't they. Sorry it is my medication talking GTG Take more.

Posted on: 2009/8/7 0:48
0427 138 266
THIS YEARS RIDES & PROJECTS:
Tweaked 2009 AURION SV6(Daily)

Home away from home
From Albuquerque NM, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Lookin' good there Evan, are those rear wheel bearings?
The struts look very sharp.......

Posted on: 2009/8/7 0:49

Home away from home
From Seattle ,WA.
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Kelmo, yeah those are new rear wheel bearings & the struts are almost done, that orange is the color of the car(or will be). I have all the front suspension/steering stuff all painted up, trannys rebuilt, done & waiting, engines 1/2 assembled, picked up the axles today w/bearings pressed on now I can reassemble the rearend. I decided to knock out all the mechanical rebuild issues first so I have no excuse not to finish the body & paint. Oh yeah, I dropped off the dash in Portland 2 weeks ago to be rebuilt as well(new pad & all) should look all snazzy when completed.

Did I tell ya I managed to get a complete set of new OEM door hinges, thought was was pretty lucky, no droopy door when reassembled.

see ya.

Hey, did you ever find the big eye bushings for the rear leafs, I realized that i didn't get those after all, I need em man, where can I find them...Oh yeah now that you're an Infinity wh**e I cant get Datsun part from you anymore!

E

Posted on: 2009/8/7 4:20

Home away from home
From Albuquerque NM, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I got the bushings from a spring and suspension shop here in town. Got lucky and caught an old guy at the counter...took him about half an hour but he came up with some that were very close, I just had to cut them down a bit.

Got a deal with one of the Nissan stores here in town where I can stop in and look up my own parts. So, if your looking for something let me know as I am planning to go and look up some parts in the next few weeks.

Kelmo

Posted on: 2009/8/7 20:56

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.