Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

GX steering wheel?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Perth WA AUS
Group:
Registered Users
I though the GX steering wheel had the GX logo on the horn button?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Datsun-Sunny-1 ... ories?hash=item27ae7ad9d6

Posted on: 2010/1/16 6:55

Re: GX steering wheel?
From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
The pictures would indicate a KB10 steering wheel that was standard on KB10GL or as an option for DeLuxe models.

While it will fit a B110 & B210 steering column, the narrowly spaced blinker cancelling pins will miss the blinker mechanism & manually cancelling the blinkers gets real old real fast.

The steering wheel hub [or Boss] is cylindrical & the diameter at the steering column is smaller than the 1200 plastic covers so the whole instalation looks rather naff.

The 1200 coupe option wheel is quite similar but used a conical hub with correctly spaced blinker cancelling pins. The larger diameter of the hub where it meets the column blends in as it should & looks great.

The GX wheel uses a black spider & either a wood grained rim, or a black one [pre & post facelift] It does not have the spoke pads, so it clearly is not a GX wheel.

1200 on the left, 1000 on the right.
Click on image for full size picture

Open in new window

Posted on: 2010/1/16 11:00

Edited by Dodgeman on 2010/1/16 11:18:59

From Perth WA AUS
Group:
Registered Users
Thats quite a difference so $500 is a bit of a ripoff unless you REALLY NEED it!

Posted on: 2010/1/16 12:03

Home away from home
From Newcastle nsw
Group:
Registered Users
This is the same steering wheel that is fitted to my 1200 coupe. Apparently they were fitted by the dealer when new.the boss kit tappers outwards towards the column and does cancel blinkers. This is off the same guy who has the 1200 gx engine on ebay and both these items are out of that smick red coupe that was on ebay a while back. I have the twin of that coupe which would have been fitted with the same wheel and vinyl roof at the same dealer lol.

Posted on: 2010/1/16 12:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Newcastle nsw
Group:
Registered Users
oh and thats the horn button i need for mine lol if anyone has one or knows where to get one.
:)

Posted on: 2010/1/16 13:00

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

datoboy1982 wrote:
This is the same steering wheel that is fitted to my 1200 coupe. Apparently they were fitted by the dealer when new.the boss kit tappers outwards towards the column and does cancel blinkers. This is off the same guy who has the 1200 gx engine on ebay and both these items are out of that smick red coupe that was on ebay a while back. I have the twin of that coupe which would have been fitted with the same wheel and vinyl roof at the same dealer lol.

If the horn button on the wheel in the eBay auction is correct & original for this wheel then it is NOT the same as the one in your coupe.

The horn button is a KB10 item so if the wheel is also a KB10 item as I suspect, then the hub will be the same as the one on the right in the picture. [post #2]
From your description you have the very similar looking wheel that is correct for the 1200 & it will have the hub [boss] on the left in the photo.

The picture below shows both a KB10 [left] & a KB110 [right] coupe option wheel.
The 1200 wheel is missing its horn button & when the spoke pads are not fitted it is described as a 'sport' model [with the spoke pads & it's a DeLuxe model]
As can be seen, the actual wheel is the same for both but it's the parts that you don't normally see that make the real difference.

Click on the image for a larger picture & you can see the difference in the hubs [boss']

Open in new window

Posted on: 2010/1/16 13:19

Home away from home
From Newcastle nsw
Group:
Registered Users
Ah yes, I stand corrected. Thats right, the horn button is definately kb10, my bad. dont happen to have a spare do ya lol?? any type to fit that wheel?
Mine is the option wheel and has the plastic pieces in the spoke.
This is that smick coupe (twin) steering wheel the same as mine, but im missing the horn pad.

Attach file:

jpg  gx5.jpg (70.48 KB)
12703_4b51d0e0898c6.jpg 800X600 px

Posted on: 2010/1/16 14:44

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Yep, the one in the auction is a Datsun 1000 OPTION.

Datsun 1200 had a similar OPTION. But the 1200 GX wheel was different. The GX could be fitted with the OPTION wheel.

Datsun 1000
Open in new window

Open in new window

DATSUN 1200 GX
Open in new window

Posted on: 2010/1/16 14:52

Home away from home
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
I also have a kb10 wheel but no horn button. I would swap a kidney for one. There was one on ebay a few months back but I got out bidded. I regret not bidding more.

Posted on: 2010/1/16 23:24

Group:
Registered Users
This is the correct wheel in my own 1200 coupe. The slightly smaller diameter than the original is the perfect size & I love it.

I also prefer the smaller & much more attractive KB10 horn button so I fitted my spare.
Click on picture for a larger image.

Open in new window

The seller of the wheel on eBay has writen back to advise that the KB10 wheel has been modified to work on both 1200 & 1000 models.
I have both of these wheels & I suspect that I know why he has overlooked this fact in his listing & he's also overlooked including pictures of this modification.
It may not be a pretty sight.

Posted on: 2010/1/17 20:54

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.