Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Need NZ guys opinions
Home away from home
From Brisbane, Qld. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hey people, I'm just after some opinions from our Kiwi members. What would a stock 2door 1200 wagon in tidy (not mint) condition be worth over there?
I'm thinking about buying one but I don't know what to offer for it. I don't want to insult the owner but also don't want to offer too much as I need to factor in shipping costs, etc...
Also, has anyone got any idea how much it would cost to ship a car from NZ to Brisbane?
Thanks for any help
Cheers, Shane.

Posted on: 2010/5/31 11:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Need NZ guys opinions
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
Thats a hard call.
What colour is it?

Posted on: 2010/6/1 7:54

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
EDIT: Sorry I'm not a Kiwi but I've shipped a car across the pond....

I shipped my Datsun 1000 2 door up to PNG for AUD$1800......and that was from Townsville - Port Moresby, Port Moreseby - Lae, Lae - Rabaul. (That money may have included road freight from Bowen to Townsville, not sure).

I reckon you'd better off finding a wagon here.

Put it this way if there were 1000's still in PNG I would have bought one there and spent the $1800 doing it up, but there weren't any there so I shipped one up. You're bringing a car across that can be easily (I mean easily in context of what Datsuns are available) found here.

Maybe tell us how special it is and then we can offer advice as to whether it is worth it or not? [I mean, if it is immaculate and cheap then sure, bargain]

Posted on: 2010/6/1 8:10

Home away from home
From New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
I'm guessing its that white 2dr wagon on trademe?? cheater5 struggled to sell his green one, i think it sold for low $2k's in the end. He'd spent about 4 grand on panelbeating apparently, had s13 front brake conversion, and i think it was standard engine and gearbox. Still needed some panelbeating done and was in bits too. From memory most rust had been cut out and was rear tailgate that still needed sorting. Was a bargain for the money. That white one should be worth way less, but wagons are pretty rare in NZ so will add rarity value to it in the sellers eyes i guess even if its a bit rugged??

Posted on: 2010/6/1 8:47

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]