Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: racing datsun 1000s
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From gold coast QLD.
Group:
Registered Users
Yes i do miss it!Back then it was a rocket in the 0-2000cc class.These days it would be a bit of a nail,but in it's day it always finished on the podium in class.As has been said before,i'd love to buy it back and run it in historic sports sedan class,however i've not been able to find it if it's still alive.

Posted on: 2011/1/24 4:27
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
I can only imagine it with injection, l18 crank and a ka24de head.

Posted on: 2011/1/24 5:00

Home away from home
From cold toast
Group:
Registered Users
ive heard some awesome stories about this 1000 of berts

Posted on: 2011/1/24 7:05

From Melbourne Australia (and likely under the car)
Group:
Registered Users
That online translation is pretty funny. Seems mostly to work well (or even at all) with languages that have are lexically similar and have similar grammar (or in other words, the two languages happen to have a word with all teh same meanings as each other - like german and english - good and gut, moon, Munde etc is lexical similarity, and syntax - is the order of the sentence in english subject verb object is mostly the standard (He threw the ball, I sat on the chair) but many other languages reverse that (i.e He, the ball, did throw, I on the chair, sat) or whatever. And the further apart they are, the worse the translation gets. Another good example is in english the word 'shoot' can equally apply to firing a gun or taking a picture/filming. I'd bet most online translators would go with the former definition when putting it into another language.

Have to admit, when I saw the word leprosy in one of the paragraphs, I laughed out loud - I reckon it might be the one and only time I've ever heard that term used in relation to car tech stuff. I'm guessing the original might have meant somethng like the car is an 'outcast' - because it's one of (if not the) only older cars at the event or something like that.

Posted on: 2011/1/24 9:24

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
The manual for my TIG is 10 pages of absolute hilarity!

"Security warning: All maintenances, the overhaul work must carry on completely in dump's situation, please confirm that the power plug is tear off before openning the case"

Posted on: 2011/1/24 12:07

From brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bert wrote:
Yes i do miss it!Back then it was a rocket in the 0-2000cc class.These days it would be a bit of a nail,but in it's day it always finished on the podium in class.As has been said before,i'd love to buy it back and run it in historic sports sedan class,however i've not been able to find it if it's still alive.

Hi Rob
I was speaking to a HRCC member last night and he mentioned a man named Colin Matheson who used to race a 1000 sports sedan too.
Do you know of him or his car?
Matty

Posted on: 2011/1/25 22:16

From gold coast QLD.
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Matty,yes i used to know Colin quite well,sadly he never owned or operated a 1000 of any sort but what he did race was one of the original Datsun 2000 sports car out of the datto racing team in Sth.Melb.and later prepared by another old friend Gordon Dobie in his original Hampton workshop.The guy you where talking to is probably getting his wires crossed a bit as back then we and our various cars where all intertangled a bit through both Greg,Gordon Dobie working for the racing team and Colin and myself getting some assistance thru the team principal.I also did all the signwriting on Col's car.

Posted on: 2011/1/25 23:50

From brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for clearing that up Rob.

I think you and Greg should start a thread on the Datsun race team etc. I know I have always found the conversations I have had with yourself and Greg very interesting. I am sure others would too.

There are a lot of guys on this site interested in motorsport but are too young to remember when anything before the Supertaxis.

Posted on: 2011/1/26 4:11

Home away from home
From Malaysia
Group:
Registered Users
where did you get that malaysian GP picture DD? i think the event is in Batu Tiga track, which is now gone.

Posted on: 2011/1/26 5:03

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Gordon Dobie has a new book being released this month that discusses all the Datsun history. He mentions Col's 1000 sports sedan in it. I recommend everyone interested in Datsun Racing history in Australia to buy one.

Posted on: 2017/5/19 7:50

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.