Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: another project bites the dust
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
To further add to one of the points above, I too think there are a lot projects that sit in sheds. At Christmas I was speaking to Kevin rowley, who a few might know and of the approx 50 cars he has built maybe 5 were on the road...so there are a few in the shed. I would also guess that most projects end due to a lack of time, space and/or enthusiasm, because we all know how much it will cost before we start. Hell, I paid to have mine in a self storage place for 4 years because I refused to sell it, and money was tight because I moved states, industries, was getting married, wife's father dying of cancer (lots of flights), etc.
Someone asked me when they thought my enthusiasm would die since I am having a kid and renovating my house, to which I replied, "it's my hobby. I still need to learn to tig weld and spray paint well. My enthusiasm for tinkering will die when I do. Datsuns are merely a means for me to tinker, so change to car if you will but I'm not going to change any time soon".

But man it is good to hear everyone goes through the highs and lows. One more benefit of being part of this website.

Posted on: 2011/3/25 11:23

Home away from home
From Seattle ,WA.
Group:
Registered Users
The 75 H1 in my Avatar I've had since 1987, a year after I regretted selling my 1st one that was completely restored. I missed it so I went & found one that wasn't running & started to restore it, tear it down, paint, etc... then it languished for 20+ years & I was staring at it in my garage one day wishing it ran & thinking " I either need to make it run & finish it or get rid of it" .

After dragging that thing around for that long I couldn't bring myself to send it down the road as a failed project. I figure this is either a character flaw on my part or it speaks to my sense of high standards somedays I'm not sure which it is......

at any rate the H1 isn't going anywhere, no need to sell it & the datsun is in the same boat.

Posted on: 2011/3/25 15:25
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Datsuns have so much potential thats why.
If they came as all with the largest possible engine, 5 speeds
and tricked out suspension. It would be harder to amass as they
would be kept by every dick and harry. The fact is we know the
potential and want to do more to them. Problem is time is not
usually on our side.

Posted on: 2011/3/26 0:54

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.