Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

For the Tasmanian Lads
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Guys,
My son ( and maybe myself ) is looking at coming over to Tassie to race in the Oceanania Mountain Bike Champs that are being held in Glenorchy, Hobart from Wednesday 27 March through to 1 April.
Can anyone help with some accomodation recommendations and cheap rentals? ( or does he need one with the distances involved )
Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2013/2/26 5:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: For the Tasmanian Lads
Guest_
Be careful, cheap accommodation in Tasmania is a mix between the movie hostel and kissing cousins.

y'all have fun now u hear

Posted on: 2013/2/26 7:19

Home away from home
From Tassie, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Dave,

Getting from the airport to the city is about a $40-$50 cab ride each way. Airport to Glenorchy area would be at least $70. City to Glenorchy at a guess is $25 each way. After all those cab fares over the weekend it would be easier to get a cheap rental I reckon. As far as I know there are only the typical ones at Hobart airport i.e. Hertz, Avis etc.

Best accommodation would be in the city as he would have everything at his finger tips when not racing. Plus Glenorchy is a total hole. Wotif etc would show you the best cheap rates, should be plenty around - best to stick to central CBD in my opinion.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers,
Simon

Posted on: 2013/2/26 7:53

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck to both your son and yourself!

Are you guys racing DH or XC? Tas die has some great MTB riding so regardless of where you end up staying you'll have a great time.

Rubber side down!

Posted on: 2013/2/26 10:57

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for your help guys.Bit of a pain for him at the moment as he's only 20 and too young to hire a rental. Hopefully should be able to tee him up with someone else heading over but the NZ contingent is totally disorganised and its very much every man for himself with absolutely zero assistance from Bike NZ.He races in XC.
Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2013/2/26 18:28

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry forgot to ask in the last post would you guys by any chance know anyone in the local MTB club who would be running the event that we could get in touch with? There seems to be minimal information coming out about the event and I am really keen to get Brad over there early to ride the course and get used to the time zone difference.
Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2013/2/27 0:45

Home away from home
From Tassie, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Dave,

How did you go sorting out the info you were after? I have a few contacts on the local scene who may be able to help out if required.

Otherwise I believe the Oceania MTB Championship organiser is Karin Jones, Cycling Australia on +61 408 375 238.

Cheers,
Simon

Posted on: 2013/3/21 5:12

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.