Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

tuning the A series
Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
Ok so i was looking for info on good HP for the A series and found this---- NOT datsun but mini -- still interesting and it's on youtube -- 'David Vizard - tuning the A series engine'.OH i got a short message for Shane merrick I've actually packed those h/caps --no charge for the h/caps u only gotta pay the postage --thats if u still want it -- the special is cos i've taken so long. Cheers

Posted on: 2014/10/26 15:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: tuning the A series
Home away from home
From Malaysia
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2014/10/27 0:58

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Cool thanks for the link

Posted on: 2014/10/27 8:17

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Perth WA AUS
Group:
Registered Users
Nice one bakat!
Very informative video and good to watch.
Cheers

Posted on: 2014/10/28 11:59

Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
Just a quick question for anybody that has watched the vid of david vizard. In the vid he said that the A series mini likes the petrol droplets and not the fine spray so what is the case with the A series datsun. The way i see it is the fuel and air have gotta mix which brings me back to a discussion quite a time back[datsun 1200 club]So is it t/bodies or sidies. i've tried to google 1200 builds to learn from the others but every time the A series mini comes up or L series.The chrome mani he spoke about is also quitea story cos i always thought it causes more heat.Like to hear what the master builders think. I saw theres a chap in oz i think that has a 1200 with a honda cbr head --couldnt open the pics though. ALWAYS looking for new ideas

Posted on: 2014/10/28 17:11

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Its important to remember when watching the video that he is talking about the A series mini. Datsun A series heads are a completely different ball game. Luckily nearly everything he talks about doing to a mini head comes stock on almost all A series heads , ( especially the later ones). With regards to droplet sizes , Datsun heads can take a far more atomised ( smaller fuel droplet) fuel air mix due to many factors not least of which is cooler running temperatures and better port design. Pay close attention to your valve size, shape, lift at early opening intervals (Cam profile) and seat design. Datsun heads (a series) respond brilliantly to correctly installed efi.

Posted on: 2014/10/28 21:59

Just can't stay away
From SoCal
Group:
Registered Users
Also keep in mind that the A series Mini engine (also Midget and Sprite) have siamesed intake ports and suffers from "charge robbing" where one cylinder takes more of the air/fuel charge than the other. One can not tune this out when using carbs and can only really be smoothed out with careful fuel mapping of a custom EFI system. Datsun A series do not have this problems because Datsun put the cam on the correct side of the block and fixed that bull #OOPS#.

Posted on: 2014/10/29 19:33

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Yep.

Posted on: 2014/10/30 5:55

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.