Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: Help me value a NOS GX Cylinder Head, Datsun Competition?
Home away from home
From New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
as i said, was just my opinion. That 2 door sedan definately looks like a cool project chris, i can see why it might get expensive though haha!! come up ok after sandblasting??

Posted on: 2015/5/25 5:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
Its a tough one as it is in very poor shape. Came up okay, will blast the entire body, remove panels, blast sub-frame, replace steel where necessary and spot blast those areas once new steel is all in place.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2015/5/25 9:24

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
You obviously have a rare part and a pretty good idea of the sort of money you want for it, so I say name your price and if someone is keen and believes it to be a ballpark figure they will make contact. I know it is very hard to find parts like this these days and I know it costs the buyer to obtain these parts as often sales happen on a global level these days. I say all the best and I hope you can sell for a profit as you probably deserve it.

Posted on: 2015/5/26 9:47

Home away from home
From Sydney NSW
Group:
Registered Users
I would 100% vouch for Chris as he hasn't crossed the line of demanding money that ruins the hobby for us. I would pay a small premium even if he charged it, to deal with someone that isn't dealing crappy old parts left out to rot, and is very professional during a sale. Not to mention somehow sourcing/designing a lot of rare or interesting parts all for our community.

Posted on: 2015/5/27 9:27

Group:
Registered Users
Very grateful for the supportive advice and thanks Finn for the vouch. I appreciate it.

nickmitty, PM sent.

Posted on: 2015/5/29 22:45

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
Chris weve had our issues and will still no doubt but $1000 for a second hand EGI manifold is definite a reason for someone to bark at if they didnt know their real worth relying on your word. The excuse of you having expensive projects is not a valid or justifiable one for that kind of dealing. To be fair that is 400-500 way over their asking price even at best of times, they have always been a restrictive setup for higher performance.

Forking out the difference to make up for what clearly is over charging is probably not possible when you are short on cash but surely you can take back that manifold and swap it for your GX head for causing grief or something along those lines.

Again its my opinion but labeling someone for keeping their mouth shut for 2 years or so, is rubbing salt on the wounds and he maybe was watching your future dealing before he realised he got done unfairly.

I have sent customers your way for your turbo manifolds and one was very happy I pointed him your way. Some are like a wild good chase and that can get to anyone at times but in this particular case one must wonder what you were thinking.

Posted on: 2015/5/30 4:05

Group:
Registered Users
Duely noted. I have no hesitation in settling this with people who are actually involved. Once again, thanks for your opinion and good on you for speaking up for Nick, very valiant of you.

Posted on: 2015/5/30 5:57

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
D Wrote:..but surely you can take back that manifold and swap it for your GX head for causing grief or something along those lines.

Haha, okay that's enough, I can see what you are up to haha nice try.

Like I said, I am absolutely prepared to sort this out with Nick directly, read, DIRECTLY. Not through you or anyone else. Thanks for the input, move on.

Posted on: 2015/5/30 6:18

Home away from home
From Central coast NSW
Group:
Registered Users
What about selling me "GX carbies" as labels on eBay that were a12t flat tops with emissions for $750... Yeah I didn't know the difference coz I just bought my datto 2 months b4. But yeah I'm sure we are the only two... Maybe

Posted on: 2015/5/30 11:44

Group:
Registered Users
Yikes, Corey, I'm disappointed that you have also taken a very public position on this before attempting any sort of contact.

Where do I start? Well, you said you actually bought your datto 1 week before the purchase of the carbs (sounds like rushing is your thing). Then you wanted me to refund the purchase, repeatedly asking if I would deal outside of eBay and then you said you'd take them and install a later Cylinder Head to suit the bolt pattern (you were trying to install them on a round port head). The entire process I was considerate and informative to all of your requests, questions and enquiries.

Here is the detail of the title of the advert and it clearly states what the items are:

Datsun JDM A12 GX A12T Flat Top Hitachi (SU Type) Carburettors 1200 1000 Sunny Sold to ftrucker76 [username ebay.com.au]

The description went into even more detail bout the specificity of the item. If you require further evidence that will support my position then please say so. Be sure to check your own messages too so as you know I am not being dishonest. Feel free to share those messages on here if you like.

I am not a BIG W where you can throw things back over a counter just because they don't fit, aren't the right colour or because you saw the same skirt three months later selling for cheaper. The parts I have come from all corners of the globe and sometimes exceed anyone's expectations of costs.

You've had a go, and another go after that and this is the third, tell me what it is (exactly) that you want and do it via PM so we can sort this out properly. Let it be known that I am not taking any of this lightly.

Posted on: 2015/5/30 12:16

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.