Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: 74 A13 engine piston question ?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
Er....possible wet blanket but; when you say 300 American Racing cam, is that 300 as in 300 degrees of duration? If so and if it's going in a street car this will be a unhappy mix. Nothing below 4500 rpms and without some kind of close ratio gearbox the car will constantly be falling of the cam every time you up shift. For the road I wouldn't go beyond 275-280 duration and more than 420 lift, this will be tolerable with the stock boxes that drop 3000 rpms between 2nd & 3rd.

Tom

Posted on: 2015/6/21 1:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Delaware, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Yes Tom, It's a 300 degrees of duration. I will be using a 5 speed celica transmission with a toyota LSD 430 rear end, disc brakes. I also have 2 45's webers on a cannon intake, and a head built for racing.It's a nice set up. I won't be racing my car. I only use my car for car shows due that my tags are antique. I just like the sound of it. This entire set up was on a suzuki samurai that was built for mud racing. I just purchased it when the jeep was wrecked.I'm just doing a rebuild on it and detailing it. My car right now is all original with 68k miles on it and still with the 1971 spark plug wires on it. I'm just bored driving a stock Datsun... I also have a fuel injection intake with a throttle body that was also part of the deal made for the same engine. But I do understand what you are saying. But no worries here, car is just for car shows and no racing. Maybe one day I will decide to drop a SR20DET in it and tub the car.
Thanks Tom for the info.

Posted on: 2015/6/22 13:33

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
The Toyota box and 4.30 rear end will help a lot and the fact that you don't have to daily drive it. You end up with the idle a little high and it will still be lumpy but that is part of the lure isn't it.

Tom

Posted on: 2015/6/23 5:09

Home away from home
From Delaware, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Yes it is.

Posted on: 2015/6/23 13:07

« 1 (2)