Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: WTD Tail Shaft
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
If you can find a 120Y Borg-Warner tailshaft, it's the same length as the Sunny one. The problem is the rear flange is wrong. The only rear flange that will work is from a Series 1 bluebird single piece tailshaft. These have the same 1 inch universal joints as the 120Y shaft. I've got one under my Sunny wagon. Hopefully these are a bit easier to find. The other alternative is to get the stock shaft machined out to take the 1 inch uni's. Why did they peen the bloody uni's in, that's what I want to Know!

Posted on: 2016/12/24 1:25
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Brisbane Qld
Group:
Registered Users
Have you ever got one Machined To get the small unis out And what did it cost?

Posted on: 2016/12/24 2:47

From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
The only one I ever had was a 1200 ute tailshaft that had been modified this way that I bought from a wrecker. This was back in the 1990's, though. I can't even remember how much it cost. Sorry I can't help. With the borg warner one, I already had it in the shed, & the Bluebird shaft cost about $70. It had to be a series one 4 speed as they were the only ones with the one inch uni, all the other Bluebirds have a smaller one.

Posted on: 2016/12/24 6:06
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]