Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: B310 SGX-E Wagon build
Home away from home
From RSA
Group:
Registered Users
Ay just as a matter of interest the Banzai car mag has the datsun 1200 coupe [Jan month] and next month [Feb month] will have a datsun lowrider [wagon] ---looks like the 120y station wagon --sold in RSA

Posted on: 2017/2/1 17:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I got lucky and the rear hatch struts are brand new. I'll try to keep an eye out for some kind of small bumper for the rear, definitely interested in that cause it's so hideous with those giant things, but at least they're both in great shape and chrome is nice. You got the heater blower switch spot on hahaha, only works on high speed. The Datsun 620 or 720, I forget which, seems to use the exact same resistor, and those are readily available so I ordered one, just haven't put it in yet until I get back up to where the car is. The heater stuff was all messed up, someone had pulled out the heater valve and bypassed it, but the hose was kinked so nothing was getting thru the heater core. I was at least able to get it working by unkinking the hose and I ordered a new heater core and valve for it that I'll put in with the new A/C setup when that goes in. I've just been collecting a lot of parts for it for when it comes home this summer.

Just picked up a NLA Nismo clutch cover and front sway bar for the car too. It's been amazing to me how much stuff just keeps popping up here and there...draining my bank account because things just keep popping up that are affordable enough must haves. I should hopefully be able to post pics tomorrow.

Posted on: 2017/2/2 3:20

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2017/2/2 11:21

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Nice van, awesome grille, like the AUS A14 grille

Andy, are you going to convert to the JDM grille? That one in D's link has the (similar) round-eye grille of a GX wagon (wagon grille has black headlight surrounds). Actually the parts catalog list SGXE wagon but only for rectangular headlight model

By the way, new hatch struts are $14 each in USA

Posted on: 2017/2/2 11:35

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, eventually I will be going to the JDM "S" grille, but I've got a square eye car...I really want/prefer the round eye, but finding a complete front end to swap over has been difficult and will be on the backburner for a long time likely. So I'll just get the blacked out "S" label square eye grill this fall. Here's a couple pictures of the car right after I got it.

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2017/2/2 19:32

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Ah, a 1981-1982

The JDM Grille is the same except:
* emblem
* no lights in grille

Open in new window

ornament Coupe-ALL + Sedan.GX, Wagon.GX
Open in new window

Wagon GL,DX Sedan except GX 1981-
Open in new window

Wagon GX, Sedan GX + Coupe-ALL 1980
Blue=GX, Red=Coupe.DX,GL
Open in new window

Wagon GX/SGX-E, Sedan GX + Coupe-ALL 1981-
same as 1980 + horizontal chrome strip in center

Attach file:

jpg  GX 1981-.jpg (20.94 KB)
174_58939c03df18a.jpg 400X224 px

Posted on: 2017/2/2 20:51

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
HA! That yellow one 3rd picture down you just posted is about exactly what mine will end up looking like; same bumper and lights, same color, and the bumper already had fog light mount holes drilled, except on the top of the bumper instead of underneath. The chrome fender mirrors I know are out there, but I'm hoping to go with some Hako-style mirrors instead. I will say I am NOT a big fan of desert yellow though, it should be called junkyard yellow...maybe some day later I'll look into a different color but for now it'll have to do. Just about any other color I could live with. I'll see if I can get another couple pics loaded up today; my phone that has all the pics won't log in to this site for some reason so that makes it difficult.

Posted on: 2017/2/3 14:46

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Also, check out the odometer on the instrument cluster at only 32,554 km (20K miles)! How is that even possible?! The shape of this thing looks way worse than it should for that low of miles, but it did come from a salt water environment/island. It had to be half buried in jungle or something, the amount of dirt internally and rust on the screw heads was appalling.

Posted on: 2017/2/3 15:11

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
There's a lot of low-mileage cars here on the island. Little old ladies drive them once a week, kept running good but eventually rust out. With red dust everywhere and clear-coat all peeling (even on five year old cars)

The GX came with silver bullet-style mirrors (as in the last photo), all other B310 had the aero-style mirrors

Congrats on saving/styling a classic RWD Datsun! The wagon is the most stylish of the B310s IMO. Put some surfboards on top ... or not ...

Posted on: 2017/2/4 9:56

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Got the instrument panel cleaned up and needles repainted.
Open in new window

Got the Addco/Nismo 1" front sway bar and clutch cover in the mail today
Open in new window

Here's my Sunny front bumper ready to go
Open in new window

Here's the 63a 5 speed sleeping quietly, got a rebuild kit ready to go just in case.
Open in new window

Here's the oversized CA20E throttle body with modified S13 KA24 TPS.
Open in new window

Another shot of the EFI manifold. The USDM throttle cable is waay too short so got a JDM/RHD throttle cable which will work but it's internal cable is a little too short for the EFI so the bracket will be custom and right up next to the throttle pulley. Does anyone have a better option? The OEM EFI cable is nla from Nissan Japan.
Open in new window

And finally the built GX head with roller rockers. This one won't go on initially as it's probably a bit too aggressive on the valve springs.
Open in new window

Posted on: 2017/2/4 22:14

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.