Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Flat top pistons for a15
Home away from home
From Central coast NSW
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know where I could get some flat top pistons for the a15 I'm building? I'm aiming for 9.5 - 1 and getting my cam reground at camtech in Syd... could someone point me in a direction that they have used and would recommend?

Posted on: 2017/6/6 23:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Flat top pistons for a15
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
I ordered mine custom from JE Pistons here in the U.S. There are numerous threads about over boring the motor to 78 & 79mm and using various stock Pistons like Subaru Justy and Mazda 626 or B6 (look up Bored & Stroked in Tech Wiki if you haven't).

For me I found that by the time all the machine work was done it worked about about the same to order custom forged pistons. I think I got them in 2013 and the price was $560 with rings and wrist pins.

The only thing I found that fits almost exactly are Ferrari 330 pistons; V12 so you might find some loose parts.

Tom

Posted on: 2017/6/7 2:10

Home away from home
From Central coast NSW
Group:
Registered Users
Cheers for that Tom, I was hoping someone had another way by now that didn't need as much machining work done as to save the back pocket a tad. Will have a ponder on what direction I'll head with the piston as to take into account diameterand not taking too much off the block So I can end up with a NA set up and have a spare cam and pistons on rods to change to forced induction later and I also have a spare sump with the oil return line in it already as well...

Posted on: 2017/6/7 10:59

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
If you can find some of the shallow dish pistons, those in conjunction with thinner head gaskets can get the compression up to 11-1 depdning on what cylinder head you have.

From time to time I'll order a piston from Rockauto to see what turns up. At one point it was possible to get 1.5mm over pistons with the shallow dish.......I still hold out hope for cheap Pistons as well.

Tom

Posted on: 2017/6/9 5:19

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.