Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Sunny 5 speed
Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Howdy guys
Just wondering what model sunny did the 5 speed gearbox come out in? was it later than 1980's and was it the van,coupe, wagon or sedan? And also if i were to obtain one would it bolt straight onto my A15 which is in a sunny wagon (only has 4 speed)
What other mods would i require? re fabricating stuff?

And another thing does anyone have a set of 2" extractors to suit a A15 ? and this sunny 5 speed gearbox?

Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2004/10/9 12:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Sunny 5 speed
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Yes, the exhaust fits the same. All B310s in the USA (coupe, 2-dr sedan and wagon)were available with 5-speed, 4-speed or auto. Some A12As came with 5-speed, some A14s and A15s had them as well. The rest of your questions should be addressed in the 5-speed Overview article.

However, the models and options found in the UK may differ from what we got in the US and Australia.

Posted on: 2004/10/9 16:46

Just can't stay away
From hobart,tas,australia
Group:
Registered Users
hi dave, you are now at the crossroads that i was acoupla years ago, although these lucky americans can get these gearboxes easly and cheaply, we can not (sorry to be the bearer of bad news) and as i have found out the hard way, they cost about a grand (if you can find one) and they can already be on there last legs because of there age ,and if it has been (rebuilt) it may not have been. mine is currently being fixed and rebuilt by a friend in his spare time (its been six months so far, although it would have cost me atleast two grand (according to some quotes i got) to get it done by a workshop. the advantage of the sunny box is its ease of fitment, but if i was to do it again id get a ex Lseries (stronger and you can just swap over the back of the gearbox with the more common Lseries box)aseries converted box from DATRATS.COM (look in links under businesses) get the taleshaft modifyed, hammer the trans tunnel etc (i think thats about it (apart from the crossmember((i may be wrong, there might be more to do))) or maybe get a bellhousing from dellow automotive to put in a celica, t18 etc box (t2, t3) although i think, that every time you need a clutch you have to get it from them (again i may also be wrong. anyway unless you can find a good deal you will be looking at somewhere between one and two grand, but having a five speed is well worth the money on noise and comfort alone. just my 2 cents

Posted on: 2004/10/10 1:17

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry to gloat, but there are swags of em here in NZ. All the ones I have came out of 140Y B310 sunny coupes. (A14 ones)

Posted on: 2004/10/10 1:34

Just can't stay away
From hobart,tas,australia
Group:
Registered Users
hmmm , this has probably been asked b4 but i wonder how much freight is from nz, it would be heaps ibet after tax and customs

Posted on: 2004/10/10 1:59

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
well one word, bugger.....

I thought that they would be easy to come by but i will take your word as u are a good old tassieonian :P
The major i reason i am after one is the extra gear for long trips and fuel economy...I mean a 4 speed is great for better power response but petrol is so goddamn expensive it twould b great to obtain one....

But as you said there are some other options, but wat are they exactly?/ I ve heard of the 5 speeds out of old toyotas used and i think a mazda 5 speed can be adapted easy?>?

Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2004/10/10 5:44

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Dave, you're asking questions that have been discussed so many times ... the info is in the 5-speed article, there is a link here a a few posts above this post. It covers the non-Datsun swap with photos and links to even more info.

I have never heard of a Mazda 5-speed swap into a Datsun 1200. Anyone else hear about this one?

Posted on: 2004/10/10 6:01

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Yup sorry just found the 5 speed article!

Sorry my ignorance took the better of me
thanks for the advice anyway guys

Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2004/10/10 6:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.