Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

off to the races
Just can't stay away
From Chewton Victoria Australia (near Bendigo)
Group:
Registered Users
yup I'm taking the little 1000 to a motorkarna (spelling?) at Bagshot (Bendigo Car Club) tomorrow. This will be its first compeitive outing, and I just had to tell someone.
Anyway, wish me luck. Hopfully I won't break anything.

Chris

Posted on: 2002/3/16 9:34
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: off to the races
Just can't stay away
From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
goodluck chris, make us datto owners proud

what engine are you running in that thing anyway? and is it a coupe, 2-door or 4-door?

keep us updated

-Jesse

Posted on: 2002/3/18 4:24

Just can't stay away
From Chewton Victoria Australia (near Bendigo)
Group:
Registered Users
We had a great time. The datto went great apart from a bit of carb trouble (stock carb) and a split heater hose, which let go while I was unloading it of the trailer, managed to fix it before the start.
My datto was the only A series datsun there. There were a couple of 1600's, a stanza and a 180b powered by a holden (buick) 3.8lt V6, (this was awesome, I've never seen so much dust).
Anyway we (me and my mate Liam) managed to show up the toyota corrola's (3 of 'em), even with the carb prob.(air leak/blocked jet? dunno yet). I'd forgoten how much grunt the little datto has, Liam was very impressed, (drives a ~300hp charger).
I think thats about it.

Chris

P.S. For those that don't allready know, my datto is a 1000 (B10) coupe with a stock A12, (to be upgraded to GX spec when I get the $$$'s)

Posted on: 2002/3/19 8:42

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
I'm going to the dragstrip again tonight with the 1200. Tonight I will be running my best ever times with my car. The reason I can say this is because last time I went I had a best ever 17.0 second run and it was fully loaded and wouldn't rev past 5500 rpm (carb was flooding out). It's not flooding out anymore so now I can rev to redline no problem and I stripped the whole interior out (took about 30 minutes). So I can't wait to break into 16's. Last time I wasted a brand new Eclipse and left everybody in shock...it was great! Everybody came to check out the Datsun after that run :) I'll let you guys know how it goes. Happy Easter!

Posted on: 2002/3/30 17:29

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Well last night I met my goal. My 1200 has broken into the 16's! It was a good night, I thought about trying to go further into the 16's than I did because on that run I was burning out through almost all of 1st gear. A limited slip rearend would've helped a lot. But it ran 16.96 @ 80.5 mph, ran great last night, although I can feel these carbs can't power through the high rpms like the engine wants to, so a pair of Dellortos should help out there soon. Then maybe mid to low 16's??? We'll see!

Posted on: 2002/4/1 1:00

Just can't stay away
From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
hey dude,

What engine are you running again? So many people have so many different engines, it's hard to know who's got what. I wanna know coz i've got a fresh A14 in my sedan, and just want see what times other people get, so i have a rough idea of what i can do. It's abouts to get a downdraft weber put on it, and some 14 inch magnums, so i dont spin my way down the road like usual. It's all good, datto's rule, thats all i can say...

-Jesse

PS. Just had the datto lowered...now it doesnt look like i should be a 4wd or something, geesh, hehe.

Posted on: 2002/4/1 15:30

Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Jesse, if you want to see how my engine is setup, I just wrote that information in a post under the topic "Who has a fast 1200?"

Posted on: 2002/4/7 21:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]