Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Eaton Supercharger !
Just can't stay away
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Just picked up an Eaton off a mate;
It`s from either an S-class 2.3L or a C-class 2.0L or something ?
I think I`ll be starting on the a14 sitting at a mates house to replace my current a12 s/c
engine. Not that there`s anything wrong with my current set-up, but you guys know
how it is (more & more hp).
I`ll post up some pics of the blower as soon as i get my digi back from my mate

Posted on: 2005/12/17 2:30

Re: Eaton Supercharger !
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, I didn't know you had a blown datto. I checked out your pics, and see they were posted while I was off the net after moving house.

What size holley you running? I've been contemplating upgrading my 32/36, to a 350cfm two barrel holley.
Have you encountered any problems with the "uphill" fuel pipe from the blower? One of my mates has a drawthrough s/c12 on a rear drive 323 wagon, with a 40mm side draught. He is having terrible trouble getting it to start. If your's goes okay set up like that, his should be okay too. It must be a carb problem.
What boost does yours make? Is it an s/c12, or 14? What is your drive ratio?
the eaton blower is probably a better unit than the toyota ones. (s/c12-14) Eaton rotors have like a helix on them. This gives bettter abadetic efficency. (Less heat generated, @ boost than plain old roots blowers) The best positive displacement superchargers are the lysholm screw variety. Blowers are very addictive. Nothing like a good blowjob!!!!! lol.

Posted on: 2005/12/17 4:30

Just can't stay away
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Ok A14force first things first!
My current set-up is a subaru 'roots type' blower running a 320 Holley & no problems starting (even with no choke attatched to this carb) but it has a little trouble idling on cold mornings.It runs 2.5:1 overdriven ratio.
And yes it`s an A12 running 8.8:1 comp ratio & 8psi boost.
Uphill fuel pipe problems WTF! are you talking about? Please explain!
Yes the Eaton has a tapered helical rotor design which is a more efficient blower configuration than its more common roots type counter parts.
Lysholm screw type superchargers are possibly the most efficient but enevitably much more expensive.
And YEH!!!! There`s nothin like a good blowjob!

Posted on: 2005/12/17 7:18

Home away from home
From South East QLD
Group:
Registered Users
I read about a guy who put the same type of M/benz eaton supercharger on a toyota 4agze in place of the std sc12 toyota supercharger , he reconned it didnt make any more power ,, but it the supercharger whine was very load when you got up it ...

Posted on: 2005/12/17 10:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
Rouge, forgive me if I am mistaken, but from the pic in your album it appears as if the blower is pumping the charge "up" to the inlet manifold. If this is the case, I was refering to the blowers ability to push the charge up to the intake at cranking speed.
How much heat is generated on the blow side of the pump? that is some significant overdrive you have. I wouldn't dare spin my s/c14 that fast. Those little blowers are about 600ish cc's aren't they?
I have scored an IHI lysholm screw blower recently. But I can't decide what to put it on.

Posted on: 2005/12/18 2:33

Just can't stay away
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry mate ! When u wrote `uphill fuel pipe` I didn`t realise u meant the blower outlet pipe.
I don`t think there`s any difference if it flows up or down in a forced application, is there? Or maybe because of the increased RPM of the blower at idle ( Due to big overdrive ) the air flow is high.
300cc per crankshaft revolution not 600!
And I am spinning it that hard because at $200 a throw & about an hours work to replace, WHO CARES!!!!!
I spin the motor to 7k and that means the blower spins at 17.5k. Sounds like a lot, but mate, I`ve had this thing running since the end of March, daily driven and driven hard! Loves to eat sparkplugs
Still eats Gen 3`s

Posted on: 2005/12/18 3:06

From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
Have you perhaps considered using a cooler plug? I have just gone to BP7ES's. At 300cc's, you could almost run two of them. lol.

Posted on: 2005/12/18 8:34

Just can't stay away
From Sydney Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I ran it originally with bp5es plugs which lasted about a week! 2 of them lost the small bent bit above the electrode!
Swapped them for 6`s and they last about 2 months before there stuffed. I might try the 7`s and see how they go.
two blowers lol!!!! nah that`s why i`m gunna run the Eaton, it flows approx.740cc! That`s what this blower is running now at 2.5:1 overdriven!

Posted on: 2005/12/20 1:30

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]