Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

h165 diff centre question.
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
hey,
just wondering, will the centre from a bluebird s2 ('84) GX wagon fit in a '74 1200 ute? If not, why not, and what will?
cheers,

-Tyrie

EDIT: ok, I think this answers my question: Quote:
I've been told that a Nissan Bluebird Series II diff center will fit into a Datsun 1200 ute diff housing. The 1200 ute diff housing is larger than the sedan or coupe diff housing, and thus the Bluebird center will only fit into the ute diff housing (thanx Chris Shoesmith and Ben).

David tells me that it's the Bluebird H165B (8 bolt) centre that will fit into a 1200 ute diff housing. He also says that the early model H165A alloy centre will bolt in, but the axle splines are a different size, and won't fit.

so will I be able to use the ute tailshaft?

Posted on: 2005/7/5 8:33

Re: h165 diff centre question.
From Brisbane, Narangba
Group:
Registered Users
if its a h165 centre it will fit the ute diff housing. It is the common thing between all h165s. The varing factors are Housing width/mounting points and axle length which goes hand in hand with the width of the housing.

Posted on: 2005/7/5 9:08
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
if its a h165 centre it will fit the ute diff housing. It is the common thing between all h165s. The varing factors are Housing width/mounting points and axle length which goes hand in hand with the width of the housing.

...which is irrelevant if only the centre is being changed?

Posted on: 2005/7/5 9:10

From Brisbane, Narangba
Group:
Registered Users
No ####e. I was only saying that to try and help you out to understand the difference. In other words it fuc-king fits. H165 centres are interchangable. Why ask if you already know?

Posted on: 2005/7/5 9:14

From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
sorry dude, I was unsure coz ur post was based on diff HOUSING info when the thread was about CENTRES...

...still wondering about the tailshafts

Posted on: 2005/7/5 9:18

From Brisbane, Narangba
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah thats sweet. Yeah all h165s have the same flange/yoke at the end. so yes the ute tailshaft will still fit.

Posted on: 2005/7/5 9:22

From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
cheers buddy, thats just what I wanted to hear!
No more sh!tty locker and 4,500 rpm@100km for me!

Posted on: 2005/7/5 9:27

From Brisbane, Narangba
Group:
Registered Users
Hell what ratio did you have to do 4500 at 100? Ive got ute a diff with the standard 4.11 ratio under the sedan and thats 3700rpm for 100km/h, Did you have a vanette diff or something?

Oh and how did you find the locker. Doesnt sound as iff you liked it too much. Id like to try it one day with a old h145. Dont want to wreck a ute diff. I just want to see what its like. Sometimes the open centre is a little disaponting when it starts to only spin one wheel and wont kick out. It feels so good doing donuts but with the open its a 50/50 chance. Sometimes it will other times you just drive in circles with the wheel spinning.

Posted on: 2005/7/5 9:36

From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
I assume its a 4.11, I'm picking the ute up tomorrow (4,500 is a figure the owner gave me)
Locker may be useful if it could spin the wheels, but with a12 its just a pain in the ass (for the little drive I went on, impossible to reverse!, plus I gotta pass rego.

Posted on: 2005/7/5 9:42

Home away from home
From NSW South Coast
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry but I think you will find that all h165s don't have the same yolks. I don't know about the bluebird but the stanza ones are to long, I had to change mine for a standard sunny yolk. The sunny diff is smaller but the yolk is the same as a h165. olboy

Posted on: 2005/7/5 9:46

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.