Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: timing? wtf?
Home away from home
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Dont worry dude. We all learnt someway or another. I was brought up with my dads 1200 for 10 years and learnt from trail and error. Dad showed me all the basics when i was around 14-15 and
it was then i was hooked on 1200's :) But your pretty lucky having a list like this that has so many people into 1200s. Sharing there ideas and thoughts. And im sure Mareospeedster was
only trying to help. I have a 1200 manual that was dads which i have pretty much studyed from cover to cover. It tought me alot!!! Not just about datsuns either, its shows u all the basics
that apply to most cars. I can see how u got the flywheel and pully mixed up tho. Just the wrong name for the wrong end.

Scott

ps. what motor is the Charger? If i ever buy a big car, a 440 V8 Charger will be the ride :) cya

Posted on: 2000/12/21 4:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Good Old Knockfull, Tennessee, USA
Group:
Registered Users
My apologies to you. I wasn't trying to put you down or anything like that. I was just making a suggestion. My email is:

mareospeedwagon1@yahoo.com

Send me your address and I will send you a B210 (120Y) manual. It is basically the same as a 1200. What works on one usually works for the other. I have an extra. As I was growing up, my
older brothers had race cars and I learned mechanics at a young age. One of my friends had a chassis dyno that we got to use for free to see just what things made and took away
horsepower. I guess sometimes I assume everyone has a mecanical education. I have had a few 1200's. One I bought new and put over 300,000 miles (roughly 5000,000 Kilometers) on it. That
was Mareo Speedwagon 1, a turquoise '72 sedan. I lost it and a '53 Studebaker in a divorce in 1989. I now have an aunts 1200 coupe that she bought new in '73 because she liked mine. All
cars have problems but the little 1200 has a bit less than most. I consider it the best engineered automobile ever made. I think most of the people in this club will agree to that.

Posted on: 2000/12/21 9:50

RE: growing up with a dyno
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Aw Man,
I wish I grew up with a dyno, we generally used the simple 'burnout test' to figure out if more power was acquired after changing something. This is a simple test of dropping
the clutch and see how much black stuff you can leave... hehehe ...Just thought this comment might raise some smiles.

Merry Christmas to all.

Posted on: 2000/12/21 8:54

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
thats ok.....
I was just already steamed up before i read your message, then after reading it i was even more angry, sorry =(

B210? i've got a B110.

I would go so far as to say that it is the 'best' engineered car ever made, but yeh, it's 'one' of the best =)

My car has seemed to have fixed itself...?
For a while now i've had heaps of trouble with my clutch, and it makes this bad noise, and the car shudders everytime you take off. But i went out tonight and drove it a bit,
and it went smoother than anything i've ever driven =)
Couldnt help myself, had to see if i could lay some rubber in it, haha.
Probably shouldnt have, since the clutch was fucked in the first place, i could have killed it completely, but i did it anyway.

Didnt even do it properly, just started her moving, then planted it. Didnt do as well as my friends six-pack charger, but i'm not complaining =)

i'll go email you now......

Posted on: 2000/12/22 5:26

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Val and Datto_dute. Where you livin? There would be many of us who could probably help yo out with a 1200 Manual?
I have two!

Posted on: 2000/12/22 3:49

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
I live in SA =)
I think this discussion has gone way off what it was started for (ie. timing), so lets not continue
any further.....mmkay?

Mr mareospeedwagon1 is being nice enough to send me a manual, all the way from NZ (i think??).

I took some pics of my car that i was gonna post, but they came out shitty, so i hafta get some
more =(

cya's

Posted on: 2000/12/22 10:59

Re: timing? Val & Datto Dude
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Jesse, I live in the eastern USA, Knoxville, Tennessee, not NZ. Western Australia is the opposite side of the earth from me. I'm daytime, you're night time, I'm in winter, you're in summer,
Hell, we're even in different days. The temperature here now is at 25 F degrees, that's -5 C. It was down to 15 F during the night. You are up to 100 F heat. LOL. Wish I was there in the
warm, I hate cold. I went to Sydney and Auckland in Feb. 1991 and had a ball at both places. We opened the F1 races in Auckland with F1000's. I wish I had known there were so many 1200 there
then. I have not see a 1200 here in America since 1989 other than the one I have. When I bought my first 1200, America just was not into economy cars then as gas here was cheap and cars were
very fast. The V8 in Sterling Mac's mate's car is one of the medium sized motors for here at the time period. For 8 years, I had a 1965 Pontiac GTO with 433 inches (7.1 L), 3 two barrel carbs
and built to 550 to 600 HP. I did not think anything at all about getting out of the GTO and into the 1200. It was more of an economy car but it ran and handled like a go-kart, comparatively.

Posted on: 2000/12/23 11:29

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Oh, oopsy =)
And by the way, i live in 'South' Australia, not west =)

I'll take that pontiac anyday, hehe =)

Posted on: 2000/12/24 5:59

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
I named the Pontiac GTO, GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE, because it was so wild. I should have never gotten rid of it. A friend still has the motor in a 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix. I found
the shop manual for the 120y and it also for the 1200. I will get it in the mail today. It is barely used.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE

Posted on: 2000/12/24 10:02

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Happy Holidays to you dudes and dudettes. It finally warmed up to the freezing point here in Tennessee. Yeah....... I'm going to stick a battery in my 1200 today and take it for
a spin. It has been a year since I drove it. Someone broke the drivers door glass and I can't find one so it has been parked.

Posted on: 2000/12/24 10:25

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.