Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: reaching 100+ HP in a 1000 coupe?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From gold coast QLD.
Group:
Registered Users
Well done Harry,it was like reeling in a big trout,it went against my ethics to use non factual info about your old car but i was not sure how else to have you show your true colours when people insult you and throw mud leaving others to help clean up the mess,not very nice is it?Poor old Minnesh from South Africa coped it last week,your response to his plausable claim BULL ####!,we read with constant regularity your threads,if you don;t agree or understand you attack the credabillity of that author with the use of snide and sarcastic remarks.Some time ago Dodgeman and myself had a keyboard stoush but i don't believe either of us carry any bruises or bad feeling as it was all in good humour,the same cannot be said for you.There are some people in the world that believe the landing
on the moon back in the sixties was a giant hoax carried out in some hollywood studio,are you one of those cynics?This thread was never about the lap times of the vixen/souter car and its lack of driving talent,nor is it about this author having you at a disadvantage(we have met on 3 occasions that i remember)it is about if any one can achieve 200bhp out of an a15 without your permission or involvement,but only if they are brave enough to cop your lack of respect on the chin.

Posted on: 2005/11/15 23:03
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
bert wrote
This thread was never about the lap times of the vixen/souter car and its lack of driving talent,nor is it about this author having you at a disadvantage(we have met on 3 occasions that i remember)it is about if any one can achieve 200bhp out of an

well ahhh not exactly... my original post was
Quote:
is it hard to reach 100+ HP with a 1000 coupe? what would i need to do to reach this amount?
also is it easier just putting like an A14/15 instead of working the A12 a lot??

if yas have any easier/better ways of trying to reach 100+ HP in a 1000 coupe would you be able to share it wif me ?

but still... this has just been a fude amongst people

shaun

Posted on: 2005/11/16 0:10

From gold coast QLD.
Group:
Registered Users
Shaun,did you pm as i suggested,cause i don't think anyone's going to put sensetive
info on this public site anymore for fear of getting hit around the head by sceptics
Cheers Rob Souter V

Posted on: 2005/11/16 1:00

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bert wrote:
Well done Harry,it was like reeling in a big trout,it went against my ethics to use non factual info about your old car but i was not sure how else to have you show your true colours when people insult you and throw mud leaving others to help clean up the mess,not very nice is it?

reeling in a big trout? huh? you wanted me to expose you as a liar on this forum? well done mate, you really sucked me in with that one.

Go back and read what I actually said. I've never thrown any mud at Vixen. You started the personal attacks here with bullshit you know nothing about in attempt to discredit me. I wasn't the one making the outrageous claims...

And despite your protestations about your ethics, the lies continue:
Quote:

bert wrote:
Poor old Minnesh from South Africa coped it last week,your response to his plausable claim BULL ####!,we read with constant regularity your threads,if you don;t agree or understand you attack the credabillity of that author with the use of snide and sarcastic remarks

Minnesh didn't cop it from me, and I'm sure you'll find there are no hard feelings there. This is the comment you are referring to:
Quote:

L18_B110 wrote:
Quote:

dattodude wrote:
The Bathurst 1200s used to pull 11,000+rpm down conrod straight... this was possible 30 years ago.

I'll call - bullshit!

clearly expressing my disbelief of the production Baturst 1200s pulling over 11,000rpm down Conrod straight. I'm sure dattodude was not overly offended by that comment either, but we're all glad to know you are out here looking after everyone's feelings, bert. and doing such a good job of it too.

Quote:

bert wrote:
This thread was never about the lap times of the vixen/souter car and its lack of driving talent

If you don't like lap times being mentioned, you shouldn't have bullshitted about them... The irony of you using Craig Allen as an example of me getting my arse kicked is quite humourous, when in reality he kicks your arse, not mine. and his power claims (108rwbhp) also corroborate my opinions, not yours.

I still don't see how your claims that Craig beats my car would make me wrong about your bhp claims though must be another of those cunning tricks of yours that I'm not clever enough to work out...

Quote:

bert wrote:
it is about if any one can achieve 200bhp out of an a15 without your permission or involvement,but only if they are brave enough to cop your lack of respect on the chin.

mate I know I can't build a 200bhp A series without turbocharging.

I'm not the one who continually makes outrageous bhp claims here. It all started with Vixen trying to sell a 200bhp A15 to club members... You want to talk about ethics some more?

Posted on: 2005/11/16 1:02

Edited by L18_B110 on 2018/2/8 4:27:25

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
and the guy who said this:
Quote:

vixen wrote:
100HP at the wheels is easy to achieve.
Matts 120y runs a 1270cc,32/36 webber and 104HP and 212nm torque at the wheels(still street drivable)The car has more power now but has not been back on the dyno.

then has the audacity to tell others...

Quote:

vixen wrote:
Adam.
One should probably not estimate HP when other people are after some serious advise.It only confuses the issue.

love your form guys

Posted on: 2005/11/16 1:16

Home away from home
From Millgrove Vic OZ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
is it hard to reach 100+ HP with a 1000 coupe? i got an A12 in mine now.... and was wonderin if its possible and what i would need to do to reach this amount?

Shaun,
To answer your original question, you can get 100 + hp at the flywheel from the A12 reasonably easily and have good reliability. To achieve 100 hp (75 kw's) at the rear wheels is a much bigger ask from an A12.

The problem with quoting torque or power figures is that they are not being compared on the same machine (with the same in-accuracies) on the the same day.

Some chassis dyno types: water, fan, generator or induction brake type dynos, and high-mass (inertia) rollers.

These dyno types use different types of measuring methods for torque including: volume of fluid pumped through a known area restriction, quantity of electrical output into a shunt, torque on a strain gauge, mechanical spring scale on a torque arm, and time to accellerate high mass rollers between two rotational speeds (inertia - type).

External (non dyno )things that can affect the output figures are: gearbox gear-shape/size, uni-joint angles, differential ratio and wheel/tyre diameter.

With so many variables, comparisons between dyno outputs are meaningless.

The best way to gauge rear wheel output is by measuring straight line accelleration at full load for a known total mass of vehicle in direct drive 1:1 ratio and a known tyre diameter, starting at a speed where no tyre slip occurs at full power up to a final desired speed over time. Then hit it with the old F=MA to work out force, then apply that to the radius of the wheel contact patch and you have wheel torque that can be used to give wheel kw's.

Repeatability between runs on even the same electronic "whizz bang" dynos are a problem, let alone relating the figures to another (maybe not even similar type) dyno figures. This applies especially to comparison mode from one of the largest manufacturers.

Comparisons between engines apart from those done on the same engine dyno to standard conditions are meaningless.

Awaiting the flames

Posted on: 2005/11/16 1:55

From Brisbane, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Couldn't agree more with your observations about achieving 100 flywheel or rear wheel bhp from an A12.

only thing I'd clarify in what you said is that gear ratio and wheel/tyre diamter influence the results. Gear just multiply the torque that's seen at the wheel by the dyno. It won't affect the power output because power is simply speed times force, and there's a direct correlation between the difference in torque caused by different gears and the difference in speed caused by the gears. So yes, the motive force measured by the dyno would change, but the power would still be the same.

Posted on: 2005/11/16 2:27

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
*due to unforseen circumstances the following will no longer be shown..

Posted on: 2005/11/16 5:44

Home away from home
From Stray-ya
Group:
Registered Users
feral wrote:
[Shaun,
To answer your original question, you can get 100 + hp at the flywheel from the A12 reasonably easily and have good reliability. To achieve 100 hp (75 kw's) at the rear wheels is a much bigger ask from an A12.]

Feral, shame you didnt get this bit of wisdom in earlier on in the thread!!

Shaun- the other thing you will want to consider are your local rules; an A-12 can probably go in without an inspection wheras an A-15 will definatley need an inspection and probably an engineering certificate..... either way you will probably want to do something about those front drums.

Posted on: 2005/11/16 7:49

From Newscastle, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Well this is a sore point that keeps on coming up time and time again on this site.
I know John Taylor claimed that 200hp at the fly was what he got from his A15, 1600cc knife edged crank, big valves and ports roller rockers, motec and 50mm quad throttle bodies 54/86 cam. It had the best of the best. Translating that to bhp it had 125rwhp. It probably would cost around 10 grand to build in todays dollars. With the same money you could get around the 180rwhp out of and aspro SR20.
It is possible, but a budget racer like me just does the figures and i have to go mutlivalve for bang for your buck horsepower.
Anyway I will put my SR in and hopefully that will translate to better track times as the SR should have better torque and drive out of the corners. (fingers crossed).
Anyway back to original question 100flyhp is easy for an A15 on a tight budget.

Posted on: 2005/11/16 9:07

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]