Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

1200 Coupe Race Car, steel body, USA
Home away from home
From St. Louis, MO USA
Group:
Registered Users
I am selling Dan Hall's vintage Datsun 1200 coupe. The car has a steel body with rolled steel flairs. Race engine with spare parts. [Spare short block.] Solex sidedrafts on dual manifold. Big front brakes. H190 rear diff with spare ratios. Two sets of 1970s vintage looking race wheels. The car has a decent paint job and looks good (for race car standards). Inside, on the dash and on the door panels are race stickers from many events that Dan participated in over decades.

Peter 314-724-7098
PeterZekert"at"Juno.com

Posted on: 2009/11/12 4:30

Edited by pjz on 2009/11/28 4:03:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1200 Coupe Race Car, steel body, USA
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBa ... iewItem&item=110462859388
Open in new window

Quote:
Datsun 1200 steel body Vintage & SCCA Race Car
Vehicle Description

RELISTING: I must make this a BETTER DEAL in order to find a buyer! This is a very sweet, period correct vintage Datsun 1200 that I would like to see in a good home either in the US or elsewhere. Please, I want to sell it to someone who loves Datsun 1200s. So, NEW, this auction will include:
1) a second 5-speed transmission, a custom Datsun transmission using Hewland Mk 4-8-9 gears, AND
2) this auction can qualify for FREE SHIPPING by using the "Buy It Now" option.

Datsun 1200 B110 SCCA and Vintage Race Car. Owned and built by Dan Hall of Portland OR. Raced in Oregon, Washington and California for decades. This is a period correct Datsun from the 1970s. Logbook and photos included with the sale.

Rear axle updated to the Datsun Roadster H190, with two ratios 3.90 and 4.38. Brakes have been updated to Z car rotors and Hearst Airheart calipers (with spares), [All period correct.] B210 5-speed transmission complete and operating.

Second transmission is a 5-speed Hewland gear transmission in a B210 "60" case. This is a custom transmission that uses the Hewland Mk 4-8-9 gears instead of the Datsun gears. This gearbox is apart because one blind hole (on the input shaft) needs repair. The proper repair sleeve, (a hardened bearing race that we commonly use to repair these surfaces), is included in the auction. So is every part in this transmission. The Hewland transmission will be assembled to make transport easier.

Induction is dual Solex 44mm carbs on the intake with a GX ported cylinder head. The engine was built by Dan Hall. 1237cc with race pistons; a Delta race camshaft; competition deep sump oil pan. The cylinder head is fresh, and needs to be installed on the engine. Both the engine and transmission are not installed but in VERY GOOD condition.

EVERY part is included with the car, plus spare parts. A spare short block race engine is included and can be seen in the photos.

The 1200 has a custom front strut brace. (See photos.) It has a Datsun Competition Header (Extractor). Two (2) rear anti-sway bars. Spare rebuilt Datsun distributors plus MSD type electronic ignition. The driveshaft is a custom large diameter piece designed to reduce vibration, built by Driveline Specialties.

SHIPPING: Shipping to the 48 US states is available for $0.50 per mile,
International shipment, I will deliver to any US Exporter for $0.50 per mile.

FREE SHIPPING: IF THE BUYER USES THE "Buy It Now" option, and pays for the item, the shipping is FREE to any of the 48 US states.

PAYMENT: $1000 Deposit required within 48 hours of end of auction.
Payment in full required within 96 hours of end of auction.
Cash, PayPal or Electronic Bank Transfer only. NO CHECKS.

Questions? Do you want the car assembled so you can hear it run? Contact me: Peter at (314) 724-7098 or e-mail PeterZekert"at"Juno.com

Open in new window

Posted on: 2009/11/27 8:18

Re: 1200 Coupe Race Car, steel body, USA
Home away from home
From South Africa
Group:
Registered Users
What an amazing machine, somone is going to be a VERY lucky owner! anyone want to sponsor me a 20ft container to SA would buy it in a heartbeat

Posted on: 2009/11/27 8:44

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]