Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: 1200 Sedan Sr20VE rwd.. pics
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Don't worry about it. I got to walk around the car, but the back was in the air & nobody was close, so I decided to come back later. It then started to rain pretty heavily & I stayed down with the other guys in the car port & razzed the under 2 litre guys about their race being called off. It took a couple of hours for the rain to ease enough to even think about coming back for a look, & I thought you would have packed up & gone home by then. I'll catch up with you eventually. I was amazed that the guys in the orange Stanza had given up, if it was me I'd have been on the phone trying to find another engine I could borrow. At least I got the 13x6.5 Hotwires for the front of my Sunny coupe. I've also got to find out what Dave Loftus has in that car, winning the over 2 litre race in a Starlet is not normal. I know it's turbo'd, but what a hoot. Maybe somebody should get a late Nisan Micra, get a 1.8 litre motor out of a Tiida, or the 2 litre version from the Dualis, & see if it'll fit. Add a turbo & see what happens.

Posted on: 2010/10/25 10:41
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
From Sydney,NSW
Group:
Registered Users
That Loftus Starlet is just that.. AMAZING!!!
To have the lap record and win championships in Under 2L, then think... Hey, lets go turbo and start to smash Over 2L records.

I'm sure ill see you again, Hopefully car is lapping happy next time too!

Posted on: 2010/10/25 11:00

Just can't stay away
From Sydney,NSW
Group:
Registered Users
Aidan,
You entering the Saturday and Sunday @ Bathurst?
Supersprint and hillclimb?

Posted on: 2010/10/25 11:03

Home away from home
From Southern Highlands, NSW, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah I probably will this year, only did the hillclimb last year but I think the Datto can hold it's own on the straights as well as any car so will give the supersprint a crack as well this year.
Have you done the bathurst events before? Mountain straight hillclimb is awesome, really gets the heart pumping, especially once you hit the top and start to pile on the speed. Which Mike were you talking about?

Posted on: 2010/10/25 11:09

Just can't stay away
From Sydney,NSW
Group:
Registered Users
Mike with the Civic, Does all the supersprint rounds.

I think he is doing the road trip with me this year!
We will have to catch up for a few
just had a look at the regs, is it $120 per day??

Posted on: 2010/10/25 11:18

Home away from home
From Southern Highlands, NSW, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Oh Mike Muir, yeah those boys seemed pretty impressed with the 1200 last year. I'd say that price would be per day, it usually is a bit steep, but there's no other way to drive on the Mount without forking out big time. Probably would cost the club a bit to close down a public road for a weekend. If I get my entry away now it'll give me a good kick up the @rse to get my car ready, sounds like a plan

Posted on: 2010/10/25 11:24

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
wowwww what a badass car u have ..ask u how did u relocate the selenoid n dizzy and what gearbox r u using ?? mind to share ?? interested

Posted on: 2010/10/26 4:13

Just can't stay away
From Sydney,NSW
Group:
Registered Users
Its all in the previous posts.

Magnetic triggers to replace dizzy, fabricated relocation plate, r32 rb20 gearbox with sr bell housing.
All parts supplied by SSS Automotive Sydney.

Posted on: 2010/10/26 5:22

Home away from home
From Christchurch
Group:
Registered Users
How do you find the ratios on the rb20 box. I guess it'll probably show up more when you get the kelfords in and the powerband narrows up.
I was probably going to go s15 6 speed when I bash in my VE but would be interested to know how you feel about the rb20 (as they are obviously shedloads cheaper!)

Posted on: 2010/10/26 8:00

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
I'm trying to get the Silver Sunny (it's a Sunny & it's silver)mobile again to do the Bathurst weekend, just got to fit the stumpy box to find out if it needs new bearings & swap the standard cam in the L18 to probably a factory high lift 72 degree cam. We were doing approximately 190 k's through the kink on the chase, but that was only 5000 rpm. Hopefully the bigger cam will pick up the top end. So I'm hoping to see you there. & if I'm quick enough, maybe you wont notice I've swapped engines while you weren't looking

Posted on: 2010/10/26 9:55
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]