Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

cams officials training- any one done them
Guest_
Ok im looking into a few of these cams bronze officials courses they run. Figured may help long term for one of my car clubs im a member of to maybe stage an event or 2. Who knows.

any way any one done anyband got feedback?

Posted on: 2014/6/17 12:42
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: cams officials training- any one done them
Home away from home
From Wanneroo, Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Kudos to you Mik! Without people willing to get into motorsport at grass-roots level, motorsports cannot exist.
I did flag marshalling at Barbagallo Raceway for a few years and loved it. Apart from the competitors, flaggies are closer to the action than any other official. I got involved and passed my CAMS accreditation via the local flag marshallers association and had "on the job" training with a senior flaggie. I'm pretty sure that goes for all officials at a meet too.
If I can give one piece of advice: Be vocally intorerant to intra-association politic bullshit. I wish I was, cos it's what killed my passion for it. Nothing worse than factions forming within a club or association, that gets to the point of killing the fun of a meet.
Oh, and reconsider if you're thinking of doing scruitineering. Then again, you are used to being a pariah... lol!

Posted on: 2014/6/17 13:20

Guest_
As bronze are free I was going to try a couple of them. See which are I prefer.

Posted on: 2014/6/17 22:39

Home away from home
From Albury
Group:
Registered Users
Did a stewards course a year ago.
Cams have got it so wrong.
Don't get me wrong,I admire and appreciate what these volunteers do for us and will not have a harsh word to somebody that is trying to help us but.........
Basically the first thing they wanted to teach us was how to run a tribunal,fine people and how to wield a big stick and the proper procedure to do this.This may be fine at a state or national level but I was there to help grassroots motorsport ie my car club.
They should be helping us run local events.
I was there to help run a motorkhana not a F1 event.
I did suggest maybe there should be a 2 tiered system in place but that was put down for a number of reasons.
Most of our club issues come out of inexperience and not knowing, not blatant rule bending and cheating.
By all means Mik do the course but interpret what they have to say in a way that will benifit your club.
Cams is always spruiking about helping grass roots motorsport but I have yet to see them help us in any way

Posted on: 2014/6/17 23:13

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]