Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Is there an A series auto trans that's incredibly strong?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
LOL as if you are going to get a cheap cut/shut gearbox for biscuits when you cant decide if you are coming or going
I dare you try rebuild your A10, with a factory 4 speed and then work your way up by learning simple things first.
KISS principle should be drilled into you every morning you wake up or need waking up. Elbow grease is your friend.

Posted on: 2022/3/11 6:25

From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Such a nice helpful reply...
Obviously I was looking into my best options and just seems the a10 is too hard to deal with to bring up to the current standards of power. I have decided to go the e15et route. I have done this conversion before but this time I will improve in using the factory dizzy which means I can use the factory computer. The engines are cheap. I just paid $150 each for 2 running engines, $20 for a turbo and manifold. The one good point for the dattos is that u could cheaply get them going well. When I say cheap, not spending $8k on a import motor and box which is where things have headed now days, then spending another $6k+ on diffs, brakes and suspension. If I can use a stock e15et, 411 h165 diff and maddat brakes upgrade then the last thing left is the gearbox. Compared to other conversions, this is a budget upgrade. It might be the 1st but its worth exploring imo

Posted on: 2022/3/11 14:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
sounds like a good plan to me. My only question if your state won't allow a 1200cc turbo swap, would they really allow a 1500cc turbo swap??

re cut-n-shut, they used to in the old days do it in their garages with good success for drag racing. But somewhere along the way people started saying it was impossible without specialized machinist know-how and tools. In the old days they used calipers for measuring and locating, and simple jigs to hold things in place while welding and drilling. But to find a machinist nowadays that can do that, well maybe look for an old timer...

Posted on: 2022/3/12 20:50

From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
They allow to turbo or supercharge the factory engine in 1975 and earlier vehicles without engineering so it means I had to use an a10. If I have to engineer then why not go for the E15et as I believe it to be a superior motor to the a15. I get ohc, factory turbo, turbo manifold, injection, turbo oil passages aswel as a larger valve, angled valves and factory oval ports. It also will help because I won't have to do any emission testing with factory components. I am currently designing a bracket that will allow use of the factory dizzy using a small gilmer type setup of the cam to drive the dizzy allowing the use of the factory computer. Once it's all done I will post up the how to on here. E15et motors are cheap. I bought 2 running ones for $150 each so doesn't get much cheaper then that for a factory turbo engine. Tight a$$ conversions here we come lol

Posted on: 2022/3/14 4:51

From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
In Australia ca18det and sr20det's are going for stupid money. I have seen them at $8-10k plus I'm not sure they fit too well in a 1000. I think with the use of a 411 h165 and maybe the dellow celica gearbox conversion, it will make a budget street setup. I'll have to go the maddat front disk conversion aswel as the trx rear disks. I'm trying to use the most amount of factory parts I can which most the engine stuff seems to be throw away from other nissan engines (turbos, injectors etc)

Posted on: 2022/3/14 4:59

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
sounds good to me, budget build is the way to go

Have you thought of using a speeduino and getting rid of the distributor? Speeduino can use a 36-1 crank trigger wheel like a bolt-on sheet metal wheel

Attach file:

jpg  wheel_installed.jpg (32.24 KB)
174_622f73a8d2b65.jpg 520X390 px

Posted on: 2022/3/14 16:56

From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I would love to but when it goes through our inspection, any type of mods like that will require an emissions test which is very costly. Have heard it's about $1300. Trust me, if I could get rid of that dizzy I would haha. In the future I might go about changing things but for the time being I have to stick with getting the dizzy to work. I'm just using alloy 3d printer toothed cogs. The belts look like they are made similar to timing belt ones with material incorporated and about 10mm wide. Teeth are about 5mm in depth so should be sufficient to drive a dizzy. One cog will have 3 holes drilled so it can be bolted directly to the cam & cam gear. The other of the same size has a 12mm bore which will match the dizzy shaft diameter. Have some bits and pieces coming in to make up a bracket for the dizzy which will allow the dizzy to sit snug in the inlet manifold (between the throttle body and inlet runners). I'll 3d print a front cover to cover the dizzy pulley system.

Posted on: 2022/3/14 22:53

From Adelaide, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Is there anyway I can delete this thread and start a new one?

Attach file:

jpg  img_20220315_094732855.jpg (72.98 KB)
6115_622fccb9d8146.jpg 270X570 px

Posted on: 2022/3/14 23:16

From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
I will be following your thread closely; I still have an E15ET head that I picked up to do the E head on A block thing years back. I still toy with the idea of running a NA E15 or 16 in my car instead of the A15.

Posted on: 2022/3/17 16:21

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
"In Australia ca18det and sr20det's are going for stupid money. I have seen them at $8-10k plus I'm not sure they fit too well in a 1000. I think with the use of a 411 h165 and maybe the dellow celica gearbox conversion, it will make a budget street setup. I'll have to go the maddat front disk conversion aswel as the trx rear disks."

You can get ca18de head and fit it to a ca20e late bottom end with factory or spool 4g63 rods for under 200aud, you get easy 5 speed from any ca20 rwd bluebird with some tomei cams or regrinds for 200 second hand 264 duration both sides and higher. Header in stainless can be had for 100usd, cheap factory modded Nistune ecu from adelaide, cheap headers and you get an engine that can rev to 8000rpm happily with 150-160hp and more with bike carbs.

You would never just use an old imported engine as is anyway and anything you get cheaply will need a rebuild.

As for budget streeter, a celica box from dellows is like 2k for basic kit and more with rebuilt t50 and maddat brakes are like 1k front and back
so you are looking at 4-5k alone for box and brakes.

As a bunch of student 30 years ago we drove an old exa auto with e15et conversion and it was gutless till we went manual.
The auto needed quite some mods to get it to work with the turbo sweet spot and was pure lag too often very similar to
a factory saab turbo of the 80s with an auto most horrible lag combo ever experienced.

Posted on: 2022/3/21 15:09

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]