Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

compression ratio's on a sr20de and other Q's
Quite a regular
From TOWNSVILLE QLD
Group:
Registered Users
ok i just brough a sr20de ( insted of a ca18det)
people have said that im crazy and should have gorn with the turbo but reallly im only after 120rwkw and maby 150 a bit down the track
just wondering what kind of compression a sr20de can handle on 98 octain fuel safely and wat's a good set of cams and whats the most people have seen a sr20de produce power wise and at what rpm. also will the skyline r30 gear box bolt to it like it does to the ca18

thanks
allwaysallin

Posted on: 2008/2/22 6:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: compression ratio's on a sr20de and other Q's
Home away from home
From Flinders View, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, looks like I am not the only "CRAZY" person on here. I too am fitting a SR20DE to a 1200 ute. I am almost done except I am missing the most important bit, the engine (wanna sell me yours )

Compression, on 98 octain I would push 10.5:1 or even 11:1 with a good tune.

Big cams work well with good compression (and a good breathing head). Try Crower as they have plenty of SR stuff or even look into a custom gring through Crow Cams or Cam Tech etc.

I could not give you specifics but higher lift and increased duration will allow more air/fuel in and exhaust out. Dont forget to upgrade the springs to suit *and the rest of the valve train).

With the box I am un-sure but I reccon you will atleast need the SR20 bellhousing. I am using a SR20 gearbox in my conversion because I came accross one for cheap.

As with the max power, this a stab in the dark but I reccon 180 to 200kw's at the flywheel would reasonable from a worked motor

If you dont mind saying how much did you pay for your SR, where did you get it from and what did you actually get.

Hope this helps, keep intouch.

Posted on: 2008/2/22 8:12

Quite a regular
From TOWNSVILLE QLD
Group:
Registered Users
thanks for the info i payed 650 for a silvia with the sr20 in it it needs a new water pump and it should be good the only thing is its auto thats y im asking the Qs about the new box

im going for 120-130rwkw and 8 or 9000 rpm
just wondering how hi can theese motors rev if u know?
thanks allwaysallin

Posted on: 2008/2/25 4:59
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From perth airport
Group:
Registered Users
its been a few weeks since i have driven a sr20de silvia but im shore the rev limiter is 7500 rpm same has the turbo
the de hits full 100 kws at 6500 rpm
sr20s are know for snaping the rocker arms if your gonna remove the rev limiter i would get the rocker stopper ( after market part )

maddat has a sr20 bolted up to the stumpy gear box maybe send him a pm

Posted on: 2008/2/25 6:15

Home away from home
From Flinders View, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
If you are gonna be spinning the engine that fast then invest in some good rods and pistons and a get the engine balanced. AS well do the rocker stopper thing perthute said.

650 for a whole silvia is pretty awesome concidering I cant even find an engine for that price. I am Jealous

Maddat has S@#TLOADS if stuff for such a conversion and it looks pretty good quality too. If you want to retain the factory computer but still squeeze a few extra ponys from it try Kev Rowley in Brisbane. He can modify CA computers and get good reliable power so I am guessing he can do the same for SR's. He also does conversion kits a bit cheaper than maddat. If you are keen I can PM you his number. Might be worth while even just to brainstorm with the bloke.

Posted on: 2008/2/25 7:52

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]