Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

1200 ute CA18det initial start-up
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Well, my ute was started for the first time this arvo, as expected, It didn't run very well. The plugs are wrong, and It needs Subaru upper engine cleaner put threw it, It apears to be running rich, missing at idle, so I havent had it for a run. (Any ideas guys?) It may even be a faulty Air flow meter. Its off to Tilbrook's auto & dyno first thing tomorrw for a once over, new plugs and complete re-map, So Im sure Mark will figure it out.

Posted on: 2002/7/3 8:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: 1200 ute CA18det initial start-up
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Just curious, is "Subaru upper engine cleaner" some kind of slang like "Italian tune up" or is it an actual product? Being a Subaru owner, I'm hoping it's slang so I can start using it.

Posted on: 2002/7/3 14:19

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Subaru upper engine cleaner is a genuine subaru product. If you own a WRX, as part of your services, every 12500km this product is sprayed into a vacum line and it basically cleans out your engine. This is part of you normal service sch. Its like a degreaser for your engine, It works very well. Oh, problem identified, it was no. 1 cyl, a loose injector hat.

Posted on: 2002/7/4 3:53

From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Very Exciting times.
It's good to know the engine still works, that's always a worry :) The moment when you fire up your engine for the first time, you want to run and tell the neighbours.. except they don't care less...

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Chris

Posted on: 2002/7/5 0:39

From Mudgee NSW Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Hey chris hows your project going? Cant wait to catch up with you all again at the nationals although its a long time off. Im starting to get exited about it. Especailly the track time at oran park. Im pulling my donk out next weekend to give her a set of rings and fix some oil and coolant leaks the coolant leak worries me as it looks like the steel hose that is pressed into the block is weeping around the base :(
With your engine build did you use new or aftermarket rod bolts?? Im trying to source a set of ARP bolts if you know of where i can get some let me know.
Cheers Andrew

Posted on: 2002/7/7 8:46

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.