Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

mines now a kettle
Just popping in
From South West Oz
Group:
Registered Users
i know have more problems with my a12 its just turned itself into a kettle. To a14 or not to a14?

Sorry guys i went with the quick fix and got a A12 (import?) whacked in so i could get around. I didnt do a lot of research but the wreckers near me said id have trouble finding an A14 and no one had one or could put me onto one. im in South West Oz

Thanks Guys

Posted on: 2002/7/4 13:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: mines now a kettle
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Unless you are determined to keep your car totally stock ... definitely go with a bigger mill. With a stock 0-60 mph time of 12 seconds, the A12 is slower than just about any brand-new minivan or other vehicle sold in the US.

If you want to get it fixed up and driving quickly, go with the A14 as the exhaust and throttle cable, radiator hoses etc all bolt right up. It just needs a little work with the motor mounts. The difference in power is very noticeable.

If you want a truly sporting vehicle, go with an even bigger 4-cyl engine, but that of course takes more work, and really needs a stronger differential. Try to use a light engine to keep the great balance and handling of the 1200.

Posted on: 2002/7/13 23:31

Home away from home
From Dunedin, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
0-60 in 12 seconds?! I think that you'd be pushing it to do that with a stock A12. Realistically you just have to drive more enthusiastically to keep up! No, when my A12 finally dies i'll be going for either an A14 or an A15. The extra torque will certainly be nice. They don't seem to put out that much more power though.
I know a young guy (read idiot) that has blown 3 diffs with the std A12.Some people have no sympathy for machinery

Posted on: 2002/7/14 5:24

Home away from home
From Christchurch New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
how in the world do u break three diffs with a std A12 burnout comps or some thing like that

Posted on: 2002/7/15 5:19

Home away from home
From Dunedin, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
Like I say, a real lack of sympathy for machinery. This young guy, 15 years old, driving his NZ$200 1200 got caught by the cops doing 'handbrakies' on a public park, got a $1400 fine and he still has to go to court!

Posted on: 2002/7/15 6:49

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Abusing a Datsun 1200 results in a fine of $1400 ... maybe NZ just appreciates fine machinery ...

Posted on: 2002/7/16 3:24

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]