Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

electronic distributor coil
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
hi all, could someone tell me what type of coil to use with a electronic distributor on a a12 motor at the moment I have a bosch 40

Posted on: 2013/6/13 7:07
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: electronic distributor coil
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Most people including myself, use the HEC115 coil from Bosch. If you use the Gt40 style coil, the motor will start but wont be responsive.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 10:30
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
GT40 is a low-energy coil suitable for use with points distributor or electronic distributor. Since the GT40 has a built-in resistance, you must bypass the external ballast resistor when used with the stock points distributor. The GT40R is slightly different and uses the original ballast resistor.

Of course a high-energy coil is best for use with electronic ignition. The Bosch HEC715 or Nissan Pulsar coil work well.

Posted on: 2013/6/13 21:39

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Dave, for spotting my mistake , it's the HEC715, not a 115. My only excuse was I was flat out working on the car all day, & was tired. Teach me to lean the motor out then drive to Coffs Harbour & back. Number 4 cylinder has 50 Pounds on the compression guage. Looks like broken rings. Was swapping an A12 in to get the car running, will finish this weekend (fingers, toes & everything else crossed).Then

Posted on: 2013/6/14 10:38
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]