Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A15 emissions control help
Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys just need a quick hand with my emissions to get my ute back on the road..

This is my issue -

I have my twin 45 webers on a redline manifold and i need to setup the PCV valve so i can run the hoses from the sump and the top of the rocker cover back into the PCV to burn off the emissions but on the manifold i don't exactly have somewhere to screw my PCV valve into the manifold??

What have other people done??

My next issue is i got the carbon canister in the ute and have the vacuum and fuel line into it but the purge line i cant go back into the manifold like original

How do i go about fixing these issues with my manifold and twin webbers??

Here is a picture of the manifold http://www.jpsperformance.co.nz/old/images/redline_I_12_18.png

Posted on: 2013/10/1 5:51

Re: A15 emissions control help
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From East New Britain, Papua New Guinea
Group:
Registered Users
This might help loosekid:

PCV 1

PCV 2

Posted on: 2013/10/1 6:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
cheers chris :)

So from what im understanding is just run an hose line into the back of those redline backing plates, one filter for rocker cover and the other for the sump breather??
http://www.autosportpa.com.au/?stg=150&view=150&shpc=1#itemtop

Only thing im a little confused about is in this circumstance that means no use of a PCV valve correct?? How is that able to pass emissions control for registration :S

Christ i hate emissions...

Or the other option run both hoses into a catch can but in doing so where does the return from the catch can go back to?? into the manifold still??

sorry just trying to wrap my head around it as the engineer has requested both the carbon canister and a PCV vavle is put in for engineering and registration so i don't want to stuff around and have to do this again..

Posted on: 2013/10/1 6:44

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
All you gotta do is connect the lines to the inlet vacuum.

Tap all 4 runners, run lines to a small plastic or metal reservoir, and connect the 1) purge line 2) vacuum advance 3) PCV valve. It shouldn't be connected to only one cylinder but to an average of all four.

PCV is rarely used with a twin carbs for this reason. But it is not rocket science.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 6:17

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
The easiest way would be to go back to a stock A15 manifold & a downdraught weber. The charcoal canister connects to the the ported vacum for the advance mechanism (a t-piece in the line), plus a connection to the inlet manifold. The PCV valve is already there & just needs a suitable hose to connect them. Abit of a backward step,as I said.
To keep the twin webers, the only way is to fit a pcv in each runner & use a t piece to connect them both to the block. For the ported vaccum for the charcoal cannister, you'd have to drill & tap each runner & use t-pieces to connect them all to the cannister. Just run the outlet hose to one or both the aircleaners.
I thought 1200 utes were exempt from emissions because it's a commercial vehicle. Just because the fittings are there, doesn't mean they have to work. Just a thought,hey.

Posted on: 2013/10/2 9:27
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]