Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Gilmer Drive
Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guy's im wanting to see if i can make up a gilmer drive setup for my A15..

For no real reason just cause i can.

Now i have tried to find a kit (no such luck) googled and looked through almost all forums and thread's and there was one person orange1200 that had it done on his A14 on here and had a post but it looks like he has cleared all his post's on the DIY thread

From what i can gather alot of people have brought the Gilmer Belt Drive Kit Small Block Chev in which the alternator pully matches up, the waterpump pully just needs to be machined a little for the holes to matchup correctly and the v' notch on the crank pully needs to be removed is this so??

I would love to do this and from what i can find a chev gilmer drive kit is around $150-$160 posted so if its a cheap option and something to do why not..

Posted on: 2013/11/26 3:43

Re: Gilmer Drive
Just can't stay away
From oregon in the usa
Group:
Registered Users
Some machining and everything can be made to fit. standard industrial parts can be bought and made to fit if you are industrious.
Don't they fly off more easily than v belts? I had a v belt fly off and the resulting overheating destroyed my motor. They'd not slip if that matters.

If you want somthing strange, you could try the v belts made up of a series of loops. They look quite odd "loopy" one might say. I've no idea of how good they are. Leavwe your fan blades on so there is something(wind)in reserve to turn the water pump if the belt fails.

Posted on: 2013/11/26 5:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]