Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

A little upset
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Snohomish, WA USA
Group:
Registered Users
I work for a large company so I don't know everyone. Some guy last month posted on the classifieds a 1972 Datsun pickup for sale. I called and left a message to see what style it was
and mention that I was looking for a 1200 ute. It was a far shot in the dark to ask since I've never seen one in the States. The guy never called me back. So I blew it off. I figured
it may have been a 1300 or somthing since I've seen many of those.
I guess I was not watching the classified close enough because the guy posted it again as a
1200 ute. To late. The pickup sold for under $400. I guess it was in great shape.

Datsa73

Posted on: 2000/11/13 9:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: A little upset
Home away from home
From UK
Group:
Registered Users
It's always worth checking up on stuff like this even if it's a model not sold in your country. I found a 1200 ute in England and they were never officially sold in Europe. I almost didn't
check because I thought the seller had just got his facts wrong. He said he had a small Datsun pickup that was about 1200cc and was registered in 1981...uh? The only trucks we got here were
620 and 720 and you could hardly describe those as small. (well...maybe in the US you could) My curiosity got the better of me, went to see it and was totally amazed to find a 1200 ute! Just a
shame it's very rusty

Eddie
England

Posted on: 2000/11/14 12:03

Re: Dual side drafts.
From Snohomish, WA USA
Group:
Registered Users
Hey ratdat,
Did you get your dual sidedraft intake and carbs that you bought off of ebay? I saw your bid but did not want to out bid you. I finally got my dual down drafts on my car and
they run great. See the picks on the photo page.

Ernie

Posted on: 2000/11/14 1:30

Home away from home
From UK
Group:
Registered Users
Cheers Ernie. I haven't got them here yet. I was very keen to get these as they are impossible to get here. I particularly wanted these as they had the factory filter. I want them for my
coupe, which I want to look as original as possible. I'd kina like to make it as near to Japanese GX5 spec as possible...still searching for a 5 speed though. I'll upload a couple pics
of my coupe soon. Do you reckon a single DCOE or IDA weber would be much good on an A14?
Eddie.

Posted on: 2000/11/14 5:37

From Snohomish, WA USA
Group:
Registered Users
Eddie,
To bad on the 5 speed. I have 3 in my garage (not for sale). They are fairly easy to come by in the states. I am not familiar with side drafts but if you check my pictures on the
Dual Down Drafts, you can see the intake that I made. I think it would be a lot easier for me to fabricate a side draft intake than a down draft. Look forward to seeing some pics
of your coupe.
Ernie

Posted on: 2000/11/14 9:09

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.