Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: New to the forum, Datsun's and rotarys
Home away from home
From South Brisbane, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not sure of the fines involved in driving an illigal car, though if you think about it, cops are targeting these types of cars, one defect and your car is off the road for good because you cant get it engineered without major structural work and sh!tloads of $$.

The other way to look at it is that you cant get any insurance. If you insured it with a different engine than the one in the car any insurance will be void IF you have an accident. Say someone hits you, the cops come, then you get a fine, defected and no insurance because your car was illegal anyways. If you were at fault and it was a serious accident you could be paying it off for the rest of your life.

EDIT: Dont know about you all down in Victoria, but in the last year in NSW I have noticed there is more cops on the road that ever before, do it LEGALLY and SAFELY, not just for your benefit, but for others as well...

Posted on: 2008/7/15 1:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Armidale N.S.W
Group:
Registered Users
No not worth the risk period mate. Get talking to some people with CA18 converted ones Good Engineered ones i mean to. Or even Turboed A series ones A12,A14,A15 and see if they will take you for a spin i reckon you will be sold once you feel the grunt.

Posted on: 2008/7/15 1:49

From Southern Tablelands N.S.W. Australia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FORZA wrote:
DatsAndy: Nah got my heart set on a 13 bt

always wanted a rotor :)

havocgtr: Vic y?
13BT rotormotor? No problem, buy a Mazda.

Posted on: 2008/7/15 2:17

From Armidale N.S.W
Group:
Registered Users
Well Said mate

Posted on: 2008/7/15 2:19

From Perth WA
Group:
Registered Users
thats what I was thinking, u may as well buy an RX , but try and find out whats legally possible putting a rotor in a datsun.
turbo piston engine can drive economically off boost wheras a rotor sucks all the time, another consideration.

Posted on: 2008/7/15 2:51

Home away from home
From ACT Aus
Group:
Registered Users
find a local engineer and ask what sort of conditions there are to getting the 13bt road legal, you may need to do a lot of strengthening to the chassis etc. it would be so awesome to have a 13bt in a 1200 ute though and probably quite scary.

Posted on: 2008/7/15 3:08

From South east Qld, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
they'll probably crush your car, i got a 500 dollar fine for a locked diff so i'd hate to see the fine for the wrong motor.

i reckon go the rotor who gives a crap about fuel, only tight ass's worry about that it's not as bad as everyone makes out anyway. everyones got a ca18det plus you can't sell the thing wants you finished it

Posted on: 2008/7/15 3:20

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DatsAndy wrote:
yeah and they suck fuel like a V8 and cost a mint to fix when they blow seals etc. Truth is Rotors go hard but Piston engines can go just as hard and outlast them. But if its rotor you want convert a 12A they can be engineered in most states. Welcome to the site Forza. Reasonably new here myself.

I always new they sucked but thats just sick poor seals.
Sorry just read it and couldnt help myself.

Posted on: 2008/7/15 6:14

Home away from home
From Toowoomba, australia
Group:
Registered Users
so who here making the coments about rotors not being reliable and shi*ing themselves al the time has ever owned one. i had a rotor with 180 000k on the clock and still went like the clappers. a well built and maintained rotor will last as long as a piston motor.

i've got my hands on a 1000 4 door "ratto" matt black red rims peep mirror and all the oldschool pimp lookin stuff. it'll be getting a 12abp.

thats what makes a forum like this really good is the difference in opinions on what should/shouldn't be done on a car which helps people make the right choices. IMO the ca is great engine and quite an easy conversion with all the parts being avail. in a kit. have been in a few and they really haul but a little heavey in the front end. a rotor will be able to be fitted lower and further rearward than the ca, improving the center of gravity. Just depends on the overall loof/feel your after with the build i guess. good luck with the build. remember don't do anything untill the engineer it is do-able. would suck to do it all then have them go mmmmm nah i'm not engineering that.

my 2 cents
Dave

Posted on: 2008/7/21 6:41

From Armidale N.S.W
Group:
Registered Users
I owned a Capella 12A nothin but trouble for me. So i made comments on my experience. Also have mates who have owned Rotors and have all (bar 2 out of 8) gone back to piston engines.

Posted on: 2008/7/21 9:25

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.