Username:

Password:

Lost Password?

Register now!
Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

convert cable to hydraulic clutch datsun 210 (b310)
Home away from home
From malta
Group:
Registered Users
hey guys. i m thinking of converting from cable to hydraulic clutch where does the master mount (if possible pics) and where the pedal pivot is?

Posted on: 2009/4/30 17:37
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: convert cable to hydraulic clutch datsun 210 (b310)
From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster

Posted on: 2009/4/30 20:27

Home away from home
From malta
Group:
Registered Users
it helps but all the pics and illustrations from a b210 but it gave me a good idea

Posted on: 2009/4/30 20:59

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
With the B310 Sunny, there is part of the pedal box right where you want the clutch master cylinder to come through the fire wall. The easiest way is to get a manual pedal box from an A10 Violet/Stanza/510, which was heralded as the rebirth of the Datsun 1600. It's not quite a bolt in, as the 2 mounting studs for the clutch master cylinder are about 10mm towards the transmission tunnel & interfere with the speedo cable. All you have to do is drill the 2 holes for the studs & 1 for the master cylinder, the body of the pedal box blocks off the two old holes, & the rubber grommet around the speedo cable simply needs notching. Another way is to mount the master cylinder inside the cabin, on top of the pedal box. There's plenty of room in there, you just have to fabricate mounts & a pivot off the existing clutch pedal. Maybe a left hand drive pedal box could be used in the car, as they were all hydraulic clutch. Somebody on the European continent might be able to supply one, maybe from Portugal.
It's then a case of making the hard line from the master cylinder to the flexible hose that comes out of the slave cylinder. Once you've got the master cylinder in, & have a fair idea where you're going to join the hard line to the slave cylinder, get some welding wire & create the shape you want, then go to a brake company & get them to use that as a template for the hard line. Don't forget there has to be a mounting point where the 2 lines meet, this is usually a tab of metal at 90 degrees to the chassis rail that has lugs to hold the end of the flexible hose.
I hope I've helped, with the conversion I did, (L18,A63 g/box) I used a Mitsubishi master cylinder from a Cordia Turbo, which has a flexible line all the way & a bango style fitting at the master cylinder end. I got a local Hydraulic hose company to make up the hose, using ends I supplied. I'll definitely be doing the same when I put the SR20de,71b g/box in the next one, I'll just use braided line.

Posted on: 2009/5/1 3:28
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Home away from home
From malta
Group:
Registered Users
yep i agree on braided line all the way. the clutch responce will be much much better.

anyway. 10x for the post it was of a great help i had already read on making the master cylinder inside but i dont like the idea so much since the hydraulic is really corosive

Posted on: 2009/5/2 14:47

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
I converted my old KB110 to hydro clutch. It was the single easiest part of the whole L20B conversion. I unbolted the brake master/booster, measured down from the top stud that holds the pedal to the firewall adjacent to the booster studs (on the engine bay side) and cut a hole with a holesaw for the rear part of the clutch M?C to poke through. Then I cut off the lower stud, and drilled a new hole at the correct center for the lower fixing hole on the M/C. Pushed a bolt though from the inside, and welded it to the indise of the pedal box to keep it in place/stop it turning while trying to do up the fixing nut. Then with the M/C bolted in, I lined up the clevis on the m/c pushrod with the clutch pedal. TBH, I cant remember if I drilled a hole through the clutch pedal to fit the clevis pin through, or if I made a bolt through the pedal boss, with a slight stand off to secuse the clevis to the side of the pedal. (it was ages ago) Either way, it's not overly difficult. BUT, the one thing you do need to be careful about is when you're cutting the hole with the holesaw, Be mindful of the return fold of the pedal box. The hole ends up very close to this fold that comes back away from the firewall. I nicked mine with the holesaw. If you're able to remove the pedal box, that would make that part easier, but I did mine with it still in the car.

Posted on: 2009/5/2 23:32

Home away from home
From malta
Group:
Registered Users
yep the information u left was really of great help guys.

i don't want to sound rude but if u would post a pic of the engine bay side i will really appriciated. it will help me alot on the location of the clutch master cylinder.

Posted on: 2009/5/3 19:00

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]