Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Lots of new stuff to process!!!
Just can't stay away
From Whetstone,Arizona
Group:
Registered Users
WOW !
So much new info to sort out! It was nice to see our ( the club's view counter) hit the 10000 mark.
We are obviously getting the attention of people and we are growing as a club as new members join.
This is great! All this info that is comming to the surface about the various models that were made in different parts of the world is something
that needs to be compiled and verified, so club members have a way to know for sure when they run across an item or even an entire car what it is and possible value to our group of 1200
enthusiests. Some type of list of all the different heads and a way to identify them, such as a stamped letter or number code on the head must have been used so the dealers could aquire
them from the factory when their customers needed a repair or replacement.
I will see if I can write NISMO in California and
ask for their help on this topic .Also this will alert them of our club and the interest in special parts that some of us have. I hope our World wide membership will get their interest
and someone there will take the time to share their knowledge of the diverse models that we're produced .

C-Ya Steve

Posted on: 1999/9/16 10:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Fuel Injected A-14's?
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
So I hear that there were fuel injected A-14 engines in Japan, this is awesome news to me. I wonder what model car it came in??? Fuel injection would make performance possibilities
endless, as well as up to date. Turbo charging would be a cinch, and performance and gas mileage optimal. I'm going into the Air Force and I plan on someday revisiting (used to live there)
Japan. If I knew what cars to look for parts from in junkyards, etc, we'd be set. You'd think someone in Japan would be importing at least some of this stuff???

Posted on: 1999/9/16 4:32

Re: Fuel Injected A-14's?
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
The fuel injection manifold is not great, it is a ram type connected to fairly long runners. This makes great torque but not power (for racing). I have seen a twin webber looking
manifold holed out to fit injectors with just butterflies and air rams attached. This is the way to go.

You are right about turbo charging. The standard injection manifold is excellent for turbo application because runner length is irrelevant.

Also, how can l post pictures in the gallery? I've got a polaroid and would like to send in an injection manifold, GX exhaust, A14 big bearing tranny, and a head?

Someone also inquired about numbering. I do know people who understand such numbering. The head for injection also has some casting on the side which makes it unique (small difference).
Will send pic to if someone helps me.

Posted on: 1999/9/17 4:58

Re: Fuel Injected A-14's? And photos
Just can't stay away
From Whetstone,Arizona
Group:
Registered Users
Well the fuel injection deal is a nice addition to the equation. As you posted, it can have it's draw backs as it was most likely designed to get a little more pep from the motor while also
keeping the gas milage up and smog out put down . But there is always a way to modify it to make more horsepower. In Dragracing like I do, torque is a major factor when getting the car off
the line .
Turbo lag is a problem unless you launch with the turbo at a good boost rate but the small engine cars almost always use a clutch and a high rpm launch style anyway so that may not be so
much of a factor.
Your photos need to be scanned and formatted a Jpg
or other similar format to be up loaded to the gallery. Our club founders can give you some help in that area.
The head I D's would help all of us know how to better look for a particular type of casting other than the obvious peanut or butterfly shaped
combustion chamber. So if you can post any of that info it would be put to some good use!
One more thing , the modified webber type manifold fuel injection would ba a great way to put a supercharger on the A-engine and there's no lag problem there !!
Good stuff!
C-Ya Steve

Posted on: 1999/9/17 2:48

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Just wondering if anyone has a part number for injected heads. I had to die grind injection ports out on my head to allow for the injectors. If theres a head that has them
already i wouldn't mind if i could get hold of a part number

Posted on: 2001/6/13 2:58

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
As far as I know you shouldn't have to grind the ports. If you use an oval port head they line up fine in fact what I have seen done is that the shrouding around the injector
in the manifold face has been opened up to match the shape of the port. What head are you using.

Posted on: 2001/6/15 7:36

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
I'm using a carby A15 head. Yeah if you have a look at the photos on here of the A series injection manifold, which is what i have at the moment-soon to be replaced by
quad throttle bodies maybe, you'll see that above the port theres a cut out for the injector which i had to make a port for

Posted on: 2001/6/15 7:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]