Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Fuel tank venting?
Home away from home
From Los Angeles,CA
Group:
Registered Users
I'm redoing my fuel system for my new engine in the Coupe and am confused about some points... I'm running a return style regulator back to the filler hose. I would like to replace the the right side exp tank with a charcoal canister so I'm not just venting to the atmosphere, but can't figure out what would be a good, easily available canister to use and how to plumb it. It seems like routing would be simpler with it in the engine bay, but I'd rather not see it there... Any thoughts?

Posted on: 2011/10/1 0:00
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fuel tank venting?
Home away from home
From Los Angeles,CA
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone?...............

Posted on: 2011/10/3 6:11

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Adelaide
Group:
Registered Users
They are all just plastic containers with some kind of medium in them that absorbs fuel vapours. The bottom is open so when it is purging fresh air comes in the bottom and picks up the fuel. You can't really have it in the cabin space as there's a risk of vapour coming out the bottom. You want to keep it somewhere dry and out of the dirt also which is why most are in the engine bay. If you need it for compliance you'll probably need a standard one from another car, if it's for your own desire to reduce VOC emissions then there's no reason why you couldn't fasion up something to fit the application.

Posted on: 2011/10/3 10:24

Home away from home
From RAdelaide
Group:
Registered Users
Use one from a s14 Silvia or 240sx , there 3/4 size of a soft drink can and can be discreetly mounted in engine bay. From there you'll need a check valve placed in line close to the fuel tank. The three lines run from the canister to before throttle butterfly, one after, one to fuel tank and on the bottom of the canister is the fresh air inlet

Posted on: 2011/10/4 9:45

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]