Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Fuel Preservatives
Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
So on the telly there was an ad with some guy bragging about "the problem with having too many toys is that you dont get to use them all" or something like that, wasnt really paying that much attention at the time so I cant remember the brand or any other technical details he probably didn't touch on.

My Datto hasnt been a daily for some time. I try and get it out on nice days, but free time and nice days don't coincide that often so it might sit there for a couple of months at a time. Im aware of the issues stale fuel can cause, so far i've had no issues using month-old fuel and topping it up with fresh, not ideal i know but the prospect of having to drain the tank and replace with fresh before each use isn't too appealing...
So thinking some of you might be in the same situation...and i know some of you have more toys.

So anyone use or recommend this (whatever it was) or similar products? know if and/or how its supposed to work? What other systems do you have in place for intermittent use of your Datsun?

Posted on: 2012/6/16 3:15
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Fuel Preservatives
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
out of all the cars that sit for ages the datsuns are the only ones that dont suffer any issues except with a once in a while idle needle that can clog up a tad but easily unscrewed pressure blasted with air and back to normal.

AGM batteries solve the start up issues and Im sure you are collecting the buggers now at work? :)

Posted on: 2012/6/18 13:50

Re: Fuel Preservatives
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
Group:
Registered Users
It's simple, just drive your Datto more!! or only fill in small doses forthe amount of driving you're going to do?

Posted on: 2012/6/19 2:02
SECURITY ASSESSMENT SERVICES AND ASSOCIATES http://www.sasaa.com.au
Auto Surplus - http://www.autosurplus.com.au
Mention you found them through here...
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.