Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

B310 SGX-E Wagon build
Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
It's been a long time since I've posted much in here since I've finished and been driving my SR 1200 for over 10 years now and she's kicking strong. This new build started last fall when I found out I was going to be spending a lot of time back in my old stomping grounds/Datsun heaven up in Washington state over the next year for work. Ever since starting a family I wanted a Datsun wagon of some sort, and having a bunch of leftovers from my old A15 setup, a B310 wagon made the most sense. I found one in Oregon for $900; 80k miles, 5 speed, A15. The body was a little rough on the back quarter panels but oh well, low miles!

The car sits up at my friend's house and I drive and work on it every other month I get to go back there. It will come home with me this summer when it will get modded big time. For now it's just little things.

The car started off running crappy of course. A tune up, valve and carb adjustment, and oil change transformed it into a sweet running car. Thus far I've been mostly fixing issues it has such as running too warm. I've replaced the radiator and added a factory A/C thermostatic clutch fan, new water pump, 180 thermostat and silicone hoses, car doesn't even get to halfway on the temp gauge now. I also obtained and swapped the steering wheel to the SGX type.

As far as I know, they didn't do the SGX-E trim in a wagon/California model, so I'm pretty excited to get it setup. I already have the EFI intake from 20 years ago that I never got to use on my 1200 that will go on with a MS2 or 3 controlling it. It'll use an E series CAS to fire that ive already modded to a spare A15 I got from the junkyard. I have a built H72 head I'll use initially and possibly use my race GX head later. Other goodies I have ready is a chrome moly 6lb flywheel, dogleg 63a trans, header, JDM front bumper, and Sunny SGX instrument cluster. I also recently bought a turbo setup, but that won't come till much later after EFI is swapped and bugs worked out. I have got a set of 2JZ-GE 850cc injectors for it to do e85/flex fuel too although will probably run L28ET injectors initially.

I'm planning some Watanabe knockoffs, bolt on flares, and chin spoiler for the outside. Eventually I'd like to get 280zx front struts and a 82-83 200sx H190, but if I keep having trouble finding one I'll just do a shortened Ford 8.8.

I don't have any pics of anything on this device, so those will have to come later, be patient with me there. Oh I almost forgot that I have an A14E camshaft and valve cover coming from a fellow member in Malaysia if it ever shows up (been waiting since November!). This will be about as close to the real thing you'll probably find in North America. Excited!

Posted on: 2017/1/31 12:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: B310 SGX-E Wagon build
Home away from home
From Little Rock, AR
Group:
Registered Users
Since this car is leaving the cool Pac NW, I've got a complete A/C setup ready to install on it too. I don't like the stock giant York compressor setup, exact replacements seem impossible to find so if the package from Malaysia ever gets here I'll have the compressor and brackets for the A14E/Japanese setup which uses a more modern and hopefully easier to get compressor. Comparing it by picture alone it looks a lot like a 280zx compressor, but won't know for certain until it arrives.

Posted on: 2017/1/31 12:48

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
great stuff as new cars are overrated with too many bells and whistles when all that is needed is something zippy that brakes well, with heater and cooler is all the creature comforts people really require

Posted on: 2017/1/31 15:05

Guest_
Pictures??? I'd love one of California rear hatch badges for my work in progress

Posted on: 2017/1/31 21:10

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Will be watching

AUS and USA got the WB310, but without the "California" badging

AUS - reverse lights in tailgate
Open in new window

Japan - reverse lights in bumper bar
Open in new window

Posted on: 2017/2/1 0:00

Group:
Registered Users
jdm tail is awesome but didnt early 1978 stanza have full steel bumpers?

Posted on: 2017/2/1 0:59

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
* A10 Nissan Violet/Auster Van got thin-steel bumpers
* A10 Datsun Stanza (JDM) got thick park-bench bumpers (looks like the WB310 bumpers)

Posted on: 2017/2/1 1:40

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
If you are looking from plain-chrome bumpers for your WB310 wagon, the VB310 got them. Maybe the bumper with stays will bolt on.

Wagon/Van rear bumper doesn't have a number plate cutout
* similar to (rectangle headlight) Sedan/Coupe ES,CT,DX
* not like (round headlight) Sedan/Coupe

Open in new window

Posted on: 2017/2/1 2:19

From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
Another B310 wagon starts. Just a tip that I found with my wagon. The tailgate doors are usually stuffed & don't hold the door up. Don't try & get exact replacements, they'll be NLA. So just get the ball ends from another car, mine were from an N15 Pulsar, but you should be able to find some that fit. You can then get replacement struts that match the length of the originals, screw the ball ends into the holes & pop the struts on. I wish I could do the same with my B310 coupe, but no such luck. Also, if the demister fan only works on the top speed, the resister wires for the lower speeds has broken. This is on a pop out panel on the fan housing under the dash. A small nut & bolt should reconnect the wires to the contact.

Posted on: 2017/2/1 6:26
Would it be possible to get a late model Nissan Micra, fit the 1.8 litre motor from a Tiida & then turbocharged it? Your answer must include parts numbers for the conversion. You have 12 months. Commence.

Group:
Registered Users
yes its been so long DD that Ive seen those bumpers but they are awesome
for the Sunny enthusiast balancing it perfectly as its original DNA

Posted on: 2017/2/1 12:09

(1) 2 3 4 ... 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.