Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Is this 1200 a good deal?
Home away from home
From Good Old Knockfull, Tennessee, USA
Group:
Registered Users
They only sold the Datsun 1200s from 1971 to 1973. In 1974 the model was changed to the heavier B210 because America initiated the energy absorbing bumper laws. 1974 was the only year for the A13 motor in America.

The sedan is the one for sale in your link. It is mostly coupe 1200s in the photo section and on the avatars. The coupe has a fastback design and the sedan has a notchback. There were no utes, station wagons or 4-doors sold in America.

The sedans rode much smoother than the coupes because of the difference in the way the rear shocks are mounted. The sedan shocks are straight up and down where the coupe shocks are mounted at an angle.

The sedan has a much more rigid body because of the extra cross bracing behind the rear seat. The coupe has a much more loose feeling compared to the sedan.

The grill in the sedan for sale in your link has a coupe grill in it. The sedan came with a stainless grill and the one in the photo is the plastic coupe grill.

The coupes were sold probable 8 to 1 over the sedans here in America.

When I bought my first 1200 new in 1972, it was the only sedan on the lot with about ten coupes. I have had two sedans and five coupes. I definateely prefer the ride and handling of the sedan but the coupe cuts through the wind much better. My stock sedan would top end out at 94 MPH and the coupes would do 101 with the 4-speed and up to 107 with the automatic. The sedan roofline is about two inches taller than the coupe making more headroom on the inside of the sedan and more aerodynamics on the outside of the coupe.

Which is better is up to what you want the car for. Both get over 40 MPG if driven accordingly.

Does this sound about right to the rest of ya'll?

Mareo

Posted on: 2007/5/7 14:07

If you ain't smilin' you ain't doin' it right
Mareo Speedwagon
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just popping in
From Los Angeles California
Group:
Registered Users
May I ask why is it called a sedan when I only see two doors on the car? Just some clarification that is all? What is the weight of the sedan and coupe?

What engine was used in these cars and what engines can I put in them? Would an all to common SR20de(non turbo should be fine on a car this weight) and tranny work in this car?

Posted on: 2007/5/7 15:01

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Las Vegas USA
Group:
Registered Users
The Coupe is something like 1560 and sedan 1585 weight wise.

California Rally Series as a bunch of rally-x dates. All you need is a helmet.......courses are defined by cones , it's good sideways fun. Check Californiarallyseries.com for dates.

As for the Sedan just check it very closely , a bent frame on these cars is real obvious. As for the motor mods if you want to rallycross you don't need a bigger motor, a good driver can win stock class with (and has) an auto-box rental car. If the car is in good shape here's what you do; put a roll bar in it (bolt in) a good seat to hold you in place , grab some used rally tires (CRS rally guys will have some cheap) slap some decent shocks on it and drive the snot out of it. After a bit find an A14 and replace the A12.Keep an eye for a limited slip diff while you continue to have some more fun. Just upgrade the car as you find stuff cheap and run it for a few seasons.
Engine swaps are great but you need to uprgrade everything at once......remember it has brakes intended for a 68Hp car......so you will quickly have 10k in a $550 car.

Tom

Posted on: 2007/5/8 3:26

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Newb question but what is the difference between the A12 and the A14 other than the fact one is a 1.2 and the other is a 1.4. Also what other motors could work in the car whie keeping it rallyable? And is there a conversion kit to make the rear brakes discs also?

Better yet is there a page I can view that will tell me all the information about Datsun engines and such?

Posted on: 2007/5/8 13:25

From California
Group:
Registered Users
first thing is fill in your location

mareo is right on re: 2dr sedans vs. coupes. i've always been a coupe man, so i never thought twice when i would encounter 6 coupes to 1 2dr

the same must be the case for the jdm. coupes were always more sought after and marketed as such

the uk got an extremely limited amount of 2drs vs. coupes

the only two countries that i'm aware of that are an exception are finland and portugal, where the 2dr reigns supreme

however, mareo is wrong on re: why the b210 supplanted the b110

Posted on: 2007/5/8 15:41

Home away from home
From Good Old Knockfull, Tennessee, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Wwwhy was the 1200 replaced by the B210?

Mareo

Posted on: 2007/5/8 16:17

If you ain't smilin' you ain't doin' it right
Mareo Speedwagon

From sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Newb question but what is the difference between the A12 and the A14 other than the fact one is a 1.2 and the other is a 1.4.

Not much, an A14 will probably have an oval port head and the A12 probably wont (unless its a GX).

Quote:
Better yet is there a page I can view that will tell me all the information about Datsun engines and such?

Engine tech section.

Posted on: 2007/5/8 16:33

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
2 much work...

i made that mistake

Posted on: 2007/5/8 18:13

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
care to explain?

Posted on: 2007/5/9 11:58

Home away from home
From Midway City, California
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Whorida wrote:
2dr sedan is rare, probably well worth the investment, especially if you can get her back to her former glory.

i dont mean to brag, but look at my topic ( called " what do you think?")

Posted on: 2007/5/9 12:00

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.