Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: does this sound like a con?
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From northern 'burbs adelaide
Group:
Registered Users
yea someones is playing you mate ... just keep asking questions and ask for photos and maybe a mechanical report. its not your problem because it was in working order when it left you and any problems after that are on his shoulders. but if he cant provide the proof then somethings up

Posted on: 2009/7/3 6:51

From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Brake fluid reccommended changing for ford is 2 years 100,000 km. Nissan is 1 year 40.000 km. Every 6 months is a bit averege, unless you have a money tree in the backyard. the fairmont has been using the same brake fluid for at least 5 years and the van... Who bloody knows. It once was green but now is black and still works a treat.

Posted on: 2009/7/3 11:03

From brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
Hi mate
Sorry to hear about the situation you're facing.

Personally I would politely tell him that there was nothing wrong with the car when it went onto the truck so the onus is on him to fix any probelms that have arisen since he took over ownership.

To me it sounds like he's turned the boost up too high or run it on 91 octane fuel and popped the head gasket. Not your fault.

If the brakes failed due to a brake fluid issue then he needs to accept responsibility for this too. Anyone who buys an old car and doesn't do a complete fluid change (coolant, engine oil, diff oil, gearbox oil, brake fluid) as soon as possible is asking for trouble. He should know this being a mechanic.

It's an ordinary situation but at the end of the day if you have not misrepresented the condition of the vehicle then you have nothing to feel guilty about and you don't owe him anything.

Regards Matty

Posted on: 2009/7/3 12:27

Just can't stay away
From hervey bay queensland
Group:
Registered Users
how much did you sell the datto for??
i think some people need to understand that no matter how much work you do to a turbocharged motor if you over rev it or constantly flog the s@@t out of it you will break things, and by the sounds of it now that the brakes are shot he has been doing exactly that ,even if you sold it for 20k and he has destroyed it he has only himself to blame, my suggestion is simple, tell him to f%%k off and treat the datto to the respect it deserves!!!

Posted on: 2009/7/3 12:57

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
I saw the title #does this sound like a con#
and yes I have to agree yes he sounds like... a Con
(no offence to the founders of Tabuli that commonly
use that name for their offspring or AKon :)

Posted on: 2009/7/3 13:03

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Right well I am the Guy who bought this Ute.. i have to say that first of all it is a brilliant Ute.. the owner should and deserves to claim his name towards it.. the main reason for me getting in touch with the owner is that there was no contract signed to state that the vehicle was purchased as is.. also the owner would not send the vehicle down unless the full amount included freight was deposited into his bank account..i would like included a motor vehicle law here: In Queensland all sellers must, by law, have a safety inspection/road worthy cert completed on the vehicle before it is put up for sale.. now in this safety inspection it is BY LAW that the mod plates meet the standards of the vehicle... The Datsun is mod plated for LA1 and Lk1.. LA1 meaning engine replaced with equivalent size.. option 3 is turbo/supercharged with carburettor emission system.. This Datsun now has EFI.. which is LA3.. with no safety inspection completed isn't that illegal in QLD?

Posted on: 2009/7/5 14:41
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
oh for all those skeptics i have receipts for 98ron fuel all h/gasket work incl thermofan done and data logging for rev's/boost and speed... at time of h/gasket failure and time for pick up leading up to it... the only thing i am asking for is $600 dollars... quite small consider i have lost 2days work and as i have my own business it is quite a bit of a loss... I think that this is a fair deal... Also seeing as my name (although not specifically mentioned) has been defamed on datsun1200.com...

Posted on: 2009/7/5 14:50

From south coast nsw
Group:
Registered Users
hey mate welcome i dont wanna get into this situation but i hope the datto is ok thats the main thing.

Posted on: 2009/7/5 15:12

From Tamworth , NSW
Group:
Registered Users
yeah in qld you have to supply a roadworthy with a vehicle if it is sold registered. however i would imagine that a qld roadworthy dont mean #OOPS# down in tassie or wherever you are.
this kind of thing sucks, you obviously bought the car sight unseen, except for some photos, and you were obviously happy with what you saw.
you knew it was fuel injected and modified, which if it was engineered for in qld, wouldnt mean #OOPS# in tassie either.you would have to get it reengineered and regoed in your state anyway!!
how long to you expect frank to keep paying your bills for stuff you break?600 now, another 400 in 3 weeks when you wreck something else!!

Posted on: 2009/7/5 22:15

From perth airport
Group:
Registered Users
pepper's on the money

but wat about the brake's failing to work ? and you crashing the beast is that a load of #OOPS# or the ute is crashed ?

Posted on: 2009/7/5 22:38

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]