Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Mitsubishi EFI thread
Just can't stay away
From Invercargill, new zealand
Group:
Registered Users
I thought id make a project thread for my EFI a15. My manifold arrived today so i started pulling it down then remembered to take photos:

Open in new window

Open in new window

As you can see there is only a little difference in the port spacings and to fix this i will die grind up a 10mm adapter plate to smoothly transition in between the port shapes.

I have everything needed to make it run bar the fuel pump and computer. Ill use megasquirt II (v2.2) to control it.

The manifold is off a 4g15 mitsi engine, 1.5L efi but im not sure if its a 12 valve or 8 valve engine, i just sent a pic of what i wanted to the auto wrecker and he made sure that the 4g15 he took it off had the same manifold as what i wanted.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 9:47
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Mitsubishi EFI thread
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Great to see someone finally have a go at this one. I had been considering it too prior to selling my coupe.

Good luck with it, and I will look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Posted on: 2009/11/30 10:13

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
I too am unhealthily curious about doing this coinversion. Do you know if the motor was twin cam or not???

Posted on: 2009/12/1 4:01

From Perth WA
Group:
Registered Users
same motor from mirage and hyundai excel, and proton satria older ones sohc, using sequential efi from stock ecu might end up better torque and economy than megasquirt, especially with a piggyback.

Posted on: 2009/12/1 5:37

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Update:

invested in a bosch professional angle grinder today after I lit the $16 jobbie on fire from overloading (lots of smoke then i noticed flickering from within!) What can i say, the bosch is an awesome beast in comparison. Masonry discs with wax on them work brill for aluminium cutting and grinding

after all that grinding i was left with something that actually fitted:

Open in new window

Open in new window

Open in new window

I havnt done the adapter plate yet. My headers are a real b**ch of a shape for that manifold, the headers that fit a datsun engine bay are much better for this conversion but ill cope, i had to get some custom made to fit the morry engine bay and EFI wasnt on the shopping list at that stage

Posted on: 2009/12/2 5:02

From Tamworth , NSW
Group:
Registered Users
heymate, just looking at that last pic, it seems once you bolt the throttle body to the manifold it will be very close to the firewall.
is there enough room there and your gonna run it backwards, or are you gonna cut the throttle body flange off and reattach it to the front of the plenum??
make sure you keep us updated with this setup.

Posted on: 2009/12/2 7:32

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
there is enough room there for the throttle body and then a little for a pipe on the throttle body, the throttle body is actually higher than that crossmember there, the picture angle just makes it look like the crossmember would be in the way

Open in new window

Posted on: 2009/12/2 7:44

Edited by datto_mog on 2009/12/2 8:06:00

Home away from home
From Lisboa-Portugal
Group:
Registered Users
You lucky RHD bastards!!!lololol wish i could do that, but the brake booster doesn`t let me make it...

Posted on: 2009/12/2 11:07

From Adelaide
Group:
Registered Users
If the port spacing is symmetrical where the manifold splits you could modify the bolt patter and put the plenum on backwards, would that avoid the brake booster for LHD? Either that or do some cutting and welding to move the throttle to the other end. I suspect the welsh plug is there purely due to the casting process so you can probably just bolt or weld a plate to the other end.

If it's not too much to ask can you measure the port length from plenum to the head flange? I'm interested to know what the runner length is. I'm planning on using an intake off a FamilyII GM motor just because I got it for nothing. It'll need an adapter manifold, but I'm keen on adding 300mm to the runners to make the port length ~600mm. This would hopefully bring the second harmonic pulse into action near peak power around 6000rpm on my A15 and the 3rd harmonic at peak torque, roughly. If the intake you have is close to 600mm port length then it might be worth saving me some work.

Posted on: 2009/12/2 23:46

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Open in new window

Posted on: 2009/12/3 5:34

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

You can view topic.