Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

Re: Mitsubishi EFI thread
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Adelaide
Group:
Registered Users
Good work on that, I can imagine it was a good feeling getting it started, then getting it running better and so on.

I believe the self tuning works better if you're keen to fork out for the wide band sensor because misses are read as lean. I would guess you could make everything safely rich and adjust the self learning constant down pretty low so you don't get overshoot. But that still means you have to get it pretty close like you say. Maybe someone who has a wide band sensor can lend it to you to get your initial tune? If they can't lend the whole set of dyno equipment.

On a side topic I remember reading that the MegasquirtIII is or was going to have MPC (Model Predictive Control) based control. With wide band that would be pretty spot on even with big mods.

A lot of effort goes into a factory ECU and I'd bet that they don't sit there and dyno every single car for hours before it rolls out so the ECU needs to be able to take up the varience in the assembled motor.

Any way good luck with it.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 21:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
From Invercargill, new zealand
Group:
Registered Users
I took it for a drive on my private stretch of road today and apart from a loose battery terminal clamp causing intermittent electrical failure there were no issues. Im happy with it, even right from like 1500 rpm it pulls really really well, much stronger acceleration than my ga16de pulsar and that will be due to lighter chassis and probably more powerful engine.

I only used up to about 3500 rpm in first second and third gears and the engine felt like it was itching to rev lots more but im keeping things G rated till the engine is run in and the computer tune is done. on gravel traction could be immediately lost right from idle in first, second and third gear and u-turn wheelspin on tarmac right from idle in second gear too, looks like those long runners are helping a fair bit.

Posted on: 2010/2/19 8:26

From south coast nsw
Group:
Registered Users
so anymore progress?,got her up to some decent rpm yet?looks tidy the throttle body facing the wrong way but, any plans for a cut n shut on it.?

Posted on: 2010/4/4 12:58
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Just can't stay away
From Invercargill, new zealand
Group:
Registered Users
not too much progress, Ive converted to a LC-1 Wideband oxygen sensor kit which is giving me much more reliable readings. Ive also sorted the wheelspin problem - The front calipers had seized on!

I havnt had a chance to do any on-road tuning but will be able to start that now that I have the wideband sensor. Heaps of stuff happening so I havnt had any weekends available and now that Daylight Savings has ended my evenings will start to disappear too.

Posted on: 2010/4/5 2:49

From under the Firmament LOL no twiglight effect BS
Group:
Registered Users
whats happened to this great conversion project was going so strong with updates

Posted on: 2013/7/19 3:14

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]