Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BEST COMPUTER FOR CA18DET
Home away from home
From Chipping norton sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Iam finally up to the process of buying a computer for my cadet conversion into my 1200 ute n Im in tossing up between the microtec lt10s and a stinger ecu watt do people prefur to use cheers

Posted on: 2012/1/29 10:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: BEST COMPUTER FOR CA18DET
Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
I have a few mates with stinger's in there race cars (xr6, ba, vt) with data log and dash displays and all they want from the cars and stinger aint failed them yet. The m8 who does all the looms and tech side of it from this team has said to me stinger is easy to set up maps and adjust mixtures even while there out there racing via a knob. I aint to shore about microtech but that is what do know

Posted on: 2012/1/29 10:18

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
What features/functions do you want? That will help people make recommendations.

I have used a Nistune ECU for the past few years and have been very happy with it.

My brother and several other people I know are using the lastest Haltech Platinum series ECUs with excellent results.

Posted on: 2012/1/29 21:12

Home away from home
From Canberra
Group:
Registered Users
I currently have a Microtech LT10s tuned for a CA that I might be happy to part with for the right price. But ill try to make this unbiased :)
These are at the very cheap end of the ECU market.
They are very good at wide open throttle but really do lack some refinement with compensation tables that others have.
The idle control could be better also, works reasonably well but is not as smooth as others. I find the PWM ciontrol in these ECUs hunts a bit with my CA, you could probably fiddle with it to get it better but i have spend many hours to get it this good.
After sales support is almost non existant with Microtech. My understanding is the re-seller in newcastle handles most of the repair/reconfig work on behalf of the company.

I am upgrading to a Motec M84 (Race car), I am looking to add a lot of sensors to the car for logging purposes and need the extra inputs and CAN communications.

Overall, I did not have any issues with the microtech in a street car. The engine made very nice power 330rwhp @22psi and was fine on the street.

With any of these ECUs they really are only as good as the tuner tuning them. My recomendations is to pick a tuner first and work with them on the ECU solution.

Posted on: 2012/1/29 21:30

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Isn't the best computer an S14 automatic ECU? For stock engines, no tuning needed.

For highly modded engine maybe with different type of injectors, etc. people here favor the MegaSquirt. If you like specification sheets, the new 32-bit is nice but otherwise the older one makes the same horsepower with less bragging rights.

The microtec and stinger are both great products and certainly you are worth the price they charge for getting advise from the manufacturer. The do-it-yourself route doesn't offer that.

I second McGee's advise on checking with the tuner you will be employing.

Posted on: 2012/1/29 21:41

Just popping in
From United State
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for providing such a very informative post. Actually, I was some beat confusing for this same problem regarding computer for CA18DET. Now I'm cleared with this issue.

Posted on: 2012/3/1 11:26

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]