Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Twin Cam head for A14
Home away from home
From LISBOA, PORTUGAL
Group:
Registered Users
The australian ford Laser is the european ford Fiesta? In Europe the Mazda 323 is simpilar to the Ford Fiesta. Is it correct? Around here i think most of the engines are 1300-16V, may be it fits too.

Ric

Posted on: 2002/8/21 10:40
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
Group:
Registered Users
Hey mates, this sounds very interesting, perhaps if several of us get into the project, we can get these heads for a lot cheaper, 10 orders would bring the price down. Keep me posted.
Jaime

Posted on: 2002/8/21 20:53

Home away from home
From Perth, West Aussie
Group:
Registered Users
hmmm yes, but if you consider that you can get something like the toyota 4age (a conversion I would like to do to my 1000)
for probably less than what the head will cost to buy and convert, why bother?

you also get fuel injection, a superior bottom end and better gearboxes

the 4ag got my attention because it is the most compact readily available twincam.. you can get them for 6-700 dollars from importers in oz.. certainly something to consider before sinking megabucks into an old engine.

Posted on: 2002/8/22 18:24

Just can't stay away
From Wanganui, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
My current coupe is powered with a 4AGE. Even though it is Toyota, it is a brilliant conversion. Even in standard form it has about the same horesepower as a top 1300 but much more torque. Mine is a little modified and goes extremely well
One of our local car club members used a SR20 in his coupe but it was a much bigger job and more expensive to do anything with.

Posted on: 2002/8/22 19:08

Just popping in
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
keep it real, keep it nissan

Posted on: 2002/8/23 1:28

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From sydney australia
Group:
Registered Users
hey,putting a 4age into a 1200 is such a logical thing to do,that i'm surprised more people haven't done it.i think the focus on 'turbo,turbo,mate it's gotta have a turbo' is partly the answer.the only problem i've seen is that to develop the 4age any furthur,it's was much more expensive than for the a15.prices for 4a parts have probably dropped since then,so this is no longer a disadvantage.the only thing available when i looked years ago was for group a,which meant bulk money,ie new crank,new rods,pistons,cams,etc.now you can get 20 valve stuff & 4agze stuff,so it's all easier.

Posted on: 2002/8/23 11:10

Home away from home
From Perth, West Aussie
Group:
Registered Users
you can get an agze and ditch the supercharger and get a turbo manifold made up and the fit the hairdryer of your choice. will handle 15psi on standard engine + standard computer. the NA version is just fine for a road car though..

niscoupe : got any pictures of your engine bay

Posted on: 2002/8/23 12:22

From 48 North
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Usermaster
Nothing wrong with using a different brand engine. By looking at other technology, we can know more about the strengths and weaknesses of our beloved Datsuns. Gotta admit, the A-series is a great engine family, but other engines might even be better. If you can do it cheaper, better or more elegantly, go for it!

That's the great thing about this club ... we talk about all this stuff.

I can also see the charm in keeping it all Nissan. But while some of us like totally stock vehicles, most of us still prefer to take off the Nissan wheels and fit wheels from another company. That's "real" to me -- reality. No one comments negatively when we swap in seats from another brand of vehicle. Maybe that's because we all know there are better seats available. Reality.

Posted on: 2002/8/24 2:48

Just can't stay away
From Wanganui, New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
Shoom, I'm sorry I haven't got any pictures of my engine bay. I will see what I can organise for you shortly. I must point out though that the emphasis was on practicality, not prettiness! But it does all work well and has been extremely reliable.

Posted on: 2002/8/24 5:22

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.