Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: datsun club stickers???
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
when i get my datsun fast enough i am gonna put a those "piss on holden" and "piss on ford" stickers on each side of my back window and a big DATSUN sticker in the middle of back window

to shoe of the datsun power

Posted on: 2003/5/26 16:02

Home away from home
From Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
i was actually gonna get a sticker done for my 1200...just to get these cars some respect and let people know wat a following we have..and also give them the option to find out more on the car they've just seen the sticker on....i was just gonna get www.datsun1200.com just in like and arial font....white in colour and throw her down the bottom in the centre....big enuff 2 see but nuthink stupidly oversize....would be alot cheaper than chrome or nethink...but is very effective....i'll post a pic to show what i'm on about

Posted on: 2003/5/26 16:23

-1200 4 Door Sedan, 2Pac Aruba Blue, Custom White Interior, OBX Racing Seats, SONY Head Unit, FUSION Speakers, 14" Bathurst Globes, Lowered, Powered By: A15 with Twin 40s,
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Home away from home
From Auckland N.Z
Group:
Registered Users
mukes ideas good. my girlfriends cousen is a graphic designer and can get me any sticker design i want so im going to keep it simple and just get Datsun1200.com in either white or black for me windscreen.

Posted on: 2003/5/27 0:31

Webmaster
From Lisbon - Portugal
Group:
Webmaster
Registered Users
Hi,

I've being playing with some fonts
Open in new window

Any comments?
I'm also playing with photos of the datsun1200 crome logo, but nothing fancy yet.
And buging my bro to came up with a nice logo, the one one the top wont work very well IMHO.
Any one kown who owns the copyright of this one?
Open in new window

Please do not start selling stickers, as we will need that to support the hosting costs of the club. (Yes, I know we are late with the merchandise stuff, I'm a bit tied up with the work)

daniel

Posted on: 2003/5/27 2:01

Guest_
i think a small one for the back that looks like the badge for datsun1200.com would look ok as not everyone has the 1200 badge. A more fancy posibly chrome or chrome effect window banner for the front or back would also be good. id be up for it. As long as i can still see out of me rear ute window. Hey ange, will get stuck into the extractors next week, will let you know how i go.

Posted on: 2003/5/27 4:06

From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users

I agree that we need to raise money for within the club.

I'd be happy to sell the stubby holders/stickers at Datsun events here in Sydney. I know how it costs to keep the club running, although if we made $100-$300 / yr, that'd at least pay for the webhosting hosts. I mean surely we don't mean to MAKE money..Just keep the site alive. The products have to be produced cheaply though.. Nobody will pay $10 dollars for a sticker. So once we've got the design, we can put out tenders, and make them for the cheapest cost from the around the world.

I really like the picture of the dude fixing his 1200 Coupe..A picture of that and a good Datsun 1200 Logo, and possibly a List of http links, would be cool. The links idea could be a bit nerdy...

This would work as stickers and as beer stubby holders..

I'd like to get a big sticker for the side of my Esky (Cooler) too!

T-Shirts can come Later...

Chris.

Posted on: 2003/5/27 4:53

Home away from home
From Tassie, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with Chris. Daniel and Pedro have put a lot of time and $$$ into creating this club and it would be great to see the hosting fees for the site paid for by a little fundrasing. Maintaining the site I feel is no.1 priority. If we can further develop the site with new technology etc from the funds we raise that would be even better.

One site I have seen this work at is www.fordforums.com It is a site similar to our own and it has a huge following. They were in dire need of funds to keep the site going. So much so that there was no fundraising, if you like, it was people actually donating $10 here or there even a few hundred just to keep the site up. They sold stickers of: www.fordforums.com to the members of the site. They come in two sizes, 1 is the big one that goes right across the front/rear window the other is a smaller one for side windows or for people who dont want to clutter the car with huge stickers. These are sold at reasonable prices that still create profit for the site. As far as I know there are now T-Shirts and caps avaliable. I feel we could learn from the guys on this site, because they seem to be going from strength to strength. Sure they have a huge following that appears to be based mostly in Australia but I think the way they have keept the site up and running and growing is worth looking at.

I am down for at least 3 stubbie holders 1200rc! How cool would they be? (excuse the pun) We could do different designs. I like the idea of a sillouette of the car, or that dude fixing it, on one of the holders. Then we could think up some piss funny sayings to go on some.

We all love our Datto's and I am sure that what ever we decided to make/do would be supported 100% by us the members. I mean, if I had a sticker for this site it would be on the rally car, if I had a stubbie holder I would not use any other one, if I had a t-shirt or cap I would wear it with pride.

We just need to decide what we want to start with, who will start the ball rolling, who has the connections, and how to collect money etc.

I will shut my pie hole now!

Datto's - Love ya work!

Simon

Posted on: 2003/5/27 11:48

From Warwick, QLD
Group:
Registered Users
yeah that sounds great, we could also have an optional membership donation say $10 a year, hell I'd pay that 10 times over just from the amount I've learnt here and the parts I've gotten off people here. For people who donate money they should get something put in their name, just a thing to say they are an elite member (under their post rating) just to signify they donate money?? Just a thought As well aa stubby coolers
Cheers
Damo

Posted on: 2003/5/27 12:15

Home away from home
From sutho shire
Group:
Registered Users
i didnt get around 2 have a look at any sticker places 2day but will 4 sure 2morro everyone is keen im gonna get crome one made up for my self and i'll post it up 4 everyone... and prices

Posted on: 2003/5/27 12:16

Not too shy to talk
From Auckland, NZ
Group:
Registered Users
yea ive been thinkin about some stickers for a while down here in NZ. im keen for something to happen. Datsun owners united internationally would be just great!

Posted on: 2003/5/27 12:20

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.