A Brake Booster was fitted to many disc-brake B210s, including most 1976-1978 models and all USA models. The booster was added to counter the increased weight of these models. It is a very small 4.5 inch diameter model. This booster is not a direct bolt-in for a (Datsun 1200) as the mounting points are different.
The booster has a:
- 4-bolt front with a thin (about 1 cm thick) aluminum adapter so that a 2-bolt vertical pattern Brake master cylinder can be fitted
- 4-bolt rear mounting to firewall
- Spacer is a rectangular aluminum unit, about 2 inches long. It fits between the booster and the firewall.
B310 vs B210 style
- B310 has horizontal bolt-pattern master cylinder, Booster M60
- B210 has vertical bolt-pattern master cylinder, Booster M45
JDM B210s of GX and GL trim from April 1975 were fitted with Disc front brakes. A brake booster was standard for GX, optional with GL. The booster is a very small diameter, the M45 Master Vac, same as used in the 510 and 610.
JDM - Disc Front Brake models
- 47210-U0501 MASTER-VAC (45) 1974-1975
- 46010-U0601 CYLINDER ASSY-brake master tandem (3/4 inch)
- 47210-H6100 MASTER-VAC 1976-1978
- 46010-H7500 CYLINDER ASSY-brake master tandem A12 GL
- 46010-U0601 CYLINDER ASSY-brake master tandem A14, L16
- 47211-H6100 SPACER-master vac
Note that B210 (1976-1978) models without booster used a 2-bolt to 4-bolt adapter plate (thin sheet metal type). 1974-1975 models did not use this.
- 47230-H6100 BRACKET-BRAKE MASTER CYLINDER
All North American B210s were fitted with Disc Front Brakes and a very small M45 brake booster.
- All USA B210 were fitted with a booster (entire brake system of PB110 specification for 1974-1975 models).
- 47210-H6100 ASSY-MASTER VAC SWI,FRA,GER,SWE,DEN,NOR,BEL,HOL,LUX
- 47210-H7200 ASSY-MASTER VAC from 0875 [Has warning label, can replace earlier unit]
- 47211-H6100 SPACER-MASTER VAC
- 46010-U0507 ASSY-CYLINDER BRAKE MASTER -0776 SWI,FRA,GER,SWE,DEN,NOR,BEL,HOL,LUX
- 46010-U0508 ASSY-CYLINDER BRAKE MASTER -0776
- 46010-H7200 ASSY-CYLINDER BRAKE MASTER 0876-0777
- 46010-U5201 ASSY-CYLINDER BRAKE MASTER 0877-
Use in B110
The B210 and B310 booster mounts to the firewall with 4 bolts, whereas Datsun 1200 (B110) has only two bolts drilled in the firewall. The shape of the firewall also differs.
- drill larger center hole in firewall
- Make 4-bolt to 2-bolt spacer/adaptor to go between the firewall and the booster
- OR Use B210 firewall spacer