Hitachi D4R series Electronic Ignition distributors are used by E-series Datsun/Nissan, such as the E15 Pulsar. This can be modified for use in a Datsun 1200. It has a much-improved advance bearing plate, which was the bane of the 1974-1982 D4A points distributor, as well D4F and D4K EI distributors. This new D4R type uses a screw-on cap and improved rotor.
Also see: E-Series Distributor
E-series shares basic distributor features with A/J/E/L distributor (shaft diameter & length) but uses an L-series style tang drive instead of A-series gear drive. The hold-downs vary, otherwise the cast body is the same.
* Hitachi E12-61 * Nissan 22020-15M00, 22020-15M20 * NOTE: Hitachi D4N module looks similar but has more than two connectors * BWD CBE507 $110 O'Reilly Auto * SMP LX515 ** Nissan 22020-15M00 ** Honda 30120-PA0661, 30120-PH4005 * 12336248 * 30120PA0661 * 30120PH4005 * 491467401 * 8942433440 * 94243344 * E1922
Stator has only two poles (compared to the previous "teethed" stator with 4 poles) but the magnet appears to be stronger.
22163-15W00 STATOR 22136-D4700 PLATE ASSY-BREAKER 22162-15M01 CAP ASSY-DISTRIBUTOR * 22162-15M02, 22162-15M03, 22162-15M04 22157-H9560 ROTOR-HEAD
- Chevrolet S10/Blazer 1982-1985 1.9/2.0
- GMC S15/Jimmy 1982-1985 1.9/2.0
- Honda 1980-1990
- Isuzu 1986-1995
- Nissan 1983-1987 E-series, CA16DE
- Subaru 1981-1989
- 22100-24B01 JDM Nissan March K10 with MA10S.AT (PK10) 8901-
- Looks similar to E-series dizzy and engine. PLASMA is 1.0 liter range
This looks like D4R electronic distributor. It was found in Australia:
This has the one-piece ignitor & pickup (Nissan 22020-15M00/22020-15M20)
Advance Bearing Plate
It has a simplified design compared to the earlier D4 distributors. The plastic bearing race contains 4 ball-bearings (up from 3) and slightly beefier design.