Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

The Force
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Guys,
I had the pleasure of catching up with Bart - alias A14 Force and checking out the progress of his supercharger conversion yesterday.
I can assure you all that this car is a WEAPON and if it does'nt cut low 14's/high 13's through the quarter ( once he solves his traction problems- up in smoke in 2nd and showing signs of letting go in 3'rd!)
I'd be extremely surprised.
Lots of work and finishing off to be done but watch this space because once its fully sorted its going to more than raise a few eyebrows.
Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2004/9/20 2:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: The Force
Just can't stay away
From Birchip, VIc , Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I'd be very keen to find out how he is going too. I get my motor in around a fortnight and it is almost identical in makeup. I'm keen to compare times and traction issues once I start driving mine.
Cheers,
Stu.

Posted on: 2004/9/20 2:45

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
DiscoStu, there is a niiice burnout pad out here u can test ur traction problems on hehehe, my_lil_beast and I tested a stok VR V6 como out there... the videos are awsum! hehe.
cheers, woodydat.

Posted on: 2004/9/20 3:12

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
Cheers for the kudos Dave. It's really incouraging to get good feedback from people who know. I Gave Allan Taylor a drive of it tonight, (My eyesight at Night without my contact lens is a bit dicey) And he was well inpressed also. He said there is a street meet soon , so with a bit of preparation I'll hopefully get to find out my times.

Posted on: 2004/9/20 10:25

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Bart,
If you take it to that street meet for goodness sake take the 4.11 out of it first.
I spoke to my engine builder last night and he was very much of the same opinion as far as your timing went- that is find out exactly what you are running and don't give it any more than 34degrees total!
I expect to see some impressive times posted.
Cheers
Dave

Posted on: 2004/9/21 5:25

From Canberra, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
now that progress is acutally being made with my car, I would be interested in the mods that you had to do to get everything running with the charger.
Apart from adding the charger and the manifold... What else did you have to do?

Posted on: 2004/9/21 6:26
Stanza front struts and brakes.
15x6 CSA Wheels with 195/50 rubber.

From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
I put a decomp shim under the head, had the head overhauled, (recut seats, bronze guides and a very light skim) Fitted some dual valvesprings, (shimmed to installed heights, to give 75-80 pounds of closing force) And had a cam pupose ground for force feeding. I asked for a cam that would make power to 8000. (If your gonna Build a rocket, why not go the whole hog?) When it was running just a hitachi carb it was too lumpy, and I was kicking myself. But with the blower on and a weber it has sweetened up a bit. Plus with the instant response the supercharger gives, It will pull strong even from below thw powerband. (It doesn't like going round corners slow in third gear though) I also disabled the power valve in the carb. I read about his in a book about holleys. Due to the vaccum coditions created by froce feeding, the powervalve never opens. The upshot of this is running slightly richer jets. (by the way, my jets were guessed, so I may try a richer secondary jet too aleiviate the pinging it experiences at full throttle.)
Oh yeah, I just remebered, I put a pressre relief valve in the manifold. This is to vent off excess pressue in the event of a backfire. (backfires can do damage to superchargers.)

B110SSS, I will be taking out the 4.1:1 diff proir to running it down the strip. I just hope the welded up 3.9:1 H145 will be able to handle the grunt long enough to get me home, without snapping a carot.

Posted on: 2004/9/21 9:12

Group:
Registered Users
Open in new window

For more pics see photos posted under my name.

Posted on: 2004/9/21 9:13
To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with ones ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone.... Bruce McLaren

From Christchurch NZ
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Blair. That day seems so long ago now. There is one pic of it under my profile too. (and one pic that didn't work)

Posted on: 2004/9/21 9:17

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]