Fast Search
Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Love Australian Datsun parts!
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
Group:
Registered Users
I just received my 180B grille from Australia. It came from Coburg, Australia.
I am flabbergasted......cool!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am expecting my SSS dash board anytime . Back when I had my B210, I never did materialize my dream of having the bumpers and grille from Aussie lands because I was trying to arrange for the shipping from here...God forbid....US companies are a rip off. 500 dollars for the 120Y bumpers....about 626 Aussie dollars....

I did not know that arranging the shipping from Australia via Australian post was the way!
Well, my 180B will rip the benefits....If anyone knows about fenders for my 180B ( the early model ones, no signal lights at the front most corner of the fender) let me know.
The grille I got is cool, my 610 will stand out with this grille,and the dashboard......I am game now.....a 610 with this dash board.....WWwOOOoooooooooOO!!!

Posted on: 2007/2/21 8:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Love Australian Datsun parts!
From Brisbane
Group:
Registered Users
Hahah nice... just mover over here mate.. there is more 180b's and 200b's over here than you can poke a stick at. There are quite alot of SSS too. Just pack up and ship over

Posted on: 2007/2/21 8:28

From Tamworth , NSW
Group:
Registered Users
my mate had a couple of complete 180bsss's in bits, but his tool of an old man bulldozed the bodies along with a capella into the gully and threw all the stuff to the tip!!
that sucks

Posted on: 2007/2/21 8:31

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
I've probably seen it around, i live right next to coburg.

Posted on: 2007/2/21 10:22

Home away from home
From Quairading, Western Australia
Group:
Registered Users
if you ever end up getting another US spec B210 try to get the aussie taillight panel too... (they don't look right with the aussie/european bumpers and the numberplate between the taillights...

only exeption is if it had a 3/4 chassis as that area could be cut out for nice set of wheeliebars

but a complete RHD Aussie 120Y 4 door sedan in the states would raise a few eyebrows...

especially with an A14, 13" rims and US spec suspension ...

Posted on: 2007/2/21 10:55

Group:
Registered Users
Yes Mawler....a 4 door Aussie 120Y would be realy cool. That is what I plan on doing, put a complete Aussie 120Y in a container and ship it.
The 4 door and 2 door US spec rear area looks terrible compared to the aussie spec one. Yours look cool with the 120Y emblem instead of a license plate. And the US area is flat ( between the tail lights ) while the aussie area is concave...i know what you mean.

Coburg, yes, I think that is Victoria, that must had been the last place that saw that 180B alive. That 180B will remain alive in my 610.....another example that Datsuns never die, like us human beings, a Datsun is not destroyed, only transformed!

Let me know of any 180B fenders....

I remember once a member here ( can not remember the name ) had the bumpers and the grille for me ( my B210) ...and US Fedex wanted 500.00 bucks for the shipping.....not even including the plastic grille ..... Fedex....bunch a dorks! LOL I am going to start advertising for Australian Post !!!! way to go!!!!

Posted on: 2007/2/21 18:49

From California
Group:
Registered Users
not so easy to pack up and set up camp in oz anymore since the government increased the points needed to come in (legally)

that's ok because we here in the usa (and in the uk) have an insatiable appetite for migrant labor

Posted on: 2007/2/21 21:07

Home away from home
From Toowoomba QLD
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I remember once a member here ( can not remember the name ) had the bumpers and the grille for me ( my B210)

That member was me. I still had them too until about 2 months ago when work cracked the poos about the box lying about.

Jaime, Australia post gave me all sorts of grief about sending this parcel because of the size. 2 bumpers and a grille didn't exactly make a small parcel.
I think I checked here too with our works international freight forwarder and the price was about $400 aus. You might remember better than me but that was the cheapest I found.

Posted on: 2007/2/22 1:14

Group:
Registered Users
Datto!
Too bad to learn about the parts are gone. Were I knew about them I would had gotten them.
Yes, I remember trying to arrange through Fedex, but I do not remember your efforts with Australian Post. I remember we were trying, but I can not remember the details, I know I gave up when Fedex and all the US companies were quoting me incredible charges. 400.00 AU $ would had been about 300.00US, much better than 500 US. Through Australian Sea Mail I am sure it would had been lower.
I had no knowledge of Australian Post back then, much less Sea mail. Too bad the parts are gone, I would had gotten them.
Well, thanks for your efforts. I apreciate what you did.I gave up because Fedex US was trying to rip me off.
That was the closest I got to finally getting those parts.....
Then when I had that horror story with my B210...I dissappeared from radar for a while...
All that trouble is past tense...looking forward to a great future!!!!

Posted on: 2007/2/22 7:28

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]