Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Noob Greetings and inevitable noob questions
Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Hi fellas thought id introduce myself as im finally an official Datto owner...Ive been reading this forum for a while and while i had my heart set on a datto ute for a while...it was the wealth of knowledge on here that probably led me to taking datrat_daves ute off his hands. (detailshere)

Hopefully Ive got enough left over to get RWC here in Melbourne!...as Im strapped for time and resources at the moment...that and im not really from around here myself...I was wondering if any of you Melbournites knew of a good mechanic/RWC fella in the Inner Western suburbs?

and uhm...could I stretch out this long (and probably boring by now) intro by asking another noob question regarding the window rolling mechanisim in the 1200?...ok i will...maybe at least one of them someone might know

The question is what makes the window go down!!!?...hmmm before i get the obvious reply, ill clarify...
I had the trims and pieces off today as the window was dysfunctional...looked at the workshop manual...but all I can see is a little roller at the end of the arm that keeps popping out from under the glass..the "glass regulator arm" as the manual refers to it seems to only serve to push the window up(seems pretty loose too)...so what makes it go down? does that leave ...gravity!!!???...its recently had new rubber installed by the looks of it...so if that is the case...then I think its going to have real problems going down of its own accord...unless Im missing another attachment that actually pulls it down...

Soo..yeh im out of breath..you're bored...any answers...suggestions smarmy remarks would be welcome and much appreciated(except for the smarmy remarks)

Cheers all...

Oh and ill just add that Dave has well informed me of such imperfections prior to sale, hes a top bloke and just thought Id add that so people know hes an honorable seller and great doing business with

Posted on: 2007/3/15 9:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Noob Greetings and inevitable noob questions
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Sydney, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
The roller sits in a track, that should be well greased.

If the bottom of the track has rusted away..it'll act just as you describe.

Or the plastic roller (that runs on the track) has broken off the arm that pushes the window up and down.

You'll need to find new windows, or get creative and transplant the bottom frames off other ute/sedan/wagon front doors.

Posted on: 2007/3/15 9:45

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Melbourne AUS
Group:
Registered Users
hey i see you got the ute in the end!

congratulations

im sure you will enjoy it!

Posted on: 2007/3/15 9:46

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
Oh K! Thanks dattodude! looking more closely at the exploded view of the manual I see the part i'm missing(being the track the window sits in)!...hmm maybe over to the wreckers or classified section I go...unless anyone happens to be reading this has one spare?

...really Taking off the trim and pieces on the other side probably could have told me that I guess...now that I think of it...lookit all that time this forum has saved me already!

Thanks ANGE! yup its here M8...im enjoying it already...problem solving that is...I guess thats a huge part of owning anything worthwhile Hopes to catch up with you soon!

Posted on: 2007/3/15 10:34

Guest_
bout time there were more west and inner side people..
congrats, looked like a great ute and dave is sorry to see it go.

as for roady, bit harder than a dodgey as it is interstate transfer and they have to inspect it sort of, and a bit tricker with change of owner etc.

If you go west side, they souldnt look at it very hard though, just vin, engine and rego history, no rust so all good.

take it for rwc on a hot day and leave all the windows open, they propably wont even check at vicroads or the mechanics... no aircon inthe car

Posted on: 2007/3/15 11:03

Home away from home
From Melbourne
Group:
Registered Users
yeh I kinda thought itd be tricky...Im ex-Tassie myself (well as much as anywhere else), so all this RWC hoo-haa is confusing as hell.
Any names of half-decent places that do RWCs over this way would be appreciated...failing that,a list of places NOT to take it? (im sure it'd be longer)

Posted on: 2007/3/15 11:26

Home away from home
From Tasmania
Group:
Registered Users
Got to agree that Daves a top bloke. Just finishing up the details on a deal with him for some of his bits and pieces. Hope you enjoy the Ute.

Posted on: 2007/3/15 12:23

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]