Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: turbo a series dyno vid
No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Darwin NT
Group:
Registered Users
welll if this is the case then my motor shall produce some very nice figures!

Posted on: 2008/9/16 21:52
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From The garage, NZ
Group:
Registered Users
i dunoo bout you guys but i certainly believe.
Never been one to quote dyno figures, but im sure we'll all agree thats a stupid number.
I hear its all in the tune, and by the looks of it hes onto something.
I would really love an engine like this, puts a new meaning to cool

Posted on: 2008/9/16 22:07

From Brisvegas, oz
Group:
Registered Users
its been proven by a few members already that stock bottom ends can handle massive boost. i still run 15.6 psi on my daily and have had no problems ( i know that another 4 psi maybe teatering the point) but they are quite strong

Posted on: 2008/9/16 23:29

From Darwin NT
Group:
Registered Users
does anyone have any idea about the turbo he is using??

Posted on: 2008/9/17 0:07

From Melbourne Vic
Group:
Registered Users
I'd love to believe too, but the internet + Dyno aren't sufficient to prove that he has the most powerful a series motor ever in the history of the world.

i don't doubt its making bags of power, i just know how much i would have to do to my sr20det to get 240kw, thats with 2l capacity, twin cam much higher flowing head cams pistons etc etc.

still think its wicked! has he ever taken it to the drags? can't argue with mph...

Posted on: 2008/9/17 2:32

From Perth WA
Group:
Registered Users
im open minded but it is a bit hard to believe,
I do believe the stock bottom end is pretty tough tho, Ive see how tough the piston crown is bending up valves and pushrods while suffering hardly a nick in it.
anyway there is a lot of "cheats" in setting up dynos to get inflated figures, not that I want to start a great debate on that.

Posted on: 2008/9/17 5:38

From The garage, NZ
Group:
Registered Users
i wish we could hear what the man himself has to say bout his setup. The owner i mean. Personally, even if it had a full on bottom end, it wouldnt change a thing to me. Its still making a bucket of power. Wish there were more videos of it thrashing the streets.

Posted on: 2008/9/17 6:20

From newcastle, NSW
Group:
Registered Users
yeah that's the one! there was a lengthy discussion about this set-up, there was alot of skepticism back in that post too! there has obviously alot of time and money into this set-up, last thing I heard he was having trouble keeping gearboxes up to it(which is understandable) there was talk of him using a Celica 5-speed with a dellow conversion kit, Haven't heard much of it since.

In my experience I had trouble with 'rolling' the ring lands above 15psi in a standard bottom end, but it had a crappy tuning it leaned out up high and pinged like crazy at that amount of boost, which i can admit that the tuning wasn't the best, that was with a suck-through set up, never had it dynoed so I'm not sure of the Hp figure? it was however a 'very' well used bottom end. I'm sure with EFI and a well tuned setup anything is possible, the head, plenum and manifolds would've been flow benched and had a fair amount of work done to it by the sound of it! You get what you pay for!!!!

Posted on: 2008/9/17 7:54

Home away from home
From Gold Coast, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
people are sooo sceptical!!! why wouldnt it work? hell lots of air lots of fuel and aggresive timing makes power!! controlling it all is emperitive, but very possible!

Quote "our knowledge has to be worth something - so there not goignt o freely share all there information.

iv met the dad who built the car, its the dad and two boys who run the shop. the bottom end is by no means stock (your silly if you believe that) from my discussions with him i managed to work out the crank is NOT stock, rods ARE stock because he raves about there original quality and strength - he mentioned he was expecting it to throw a rod but it hasnt so he likes the standard rods.

CA cam angle sensor and individual coils.

the head we all know there are nice things you can do too it, bore is most probably close too what our normal racers use of 79mm. you could expect the capacity of 1608 or more.

4AG similar capacity and CA's onlu slightly larger... yes i know 16 valve cross flow blah blah.... but common its a strong block(cast steel) alloy head and lots of years of R+D from all of us to try what works and what doesnt!

he said he decided to buy himself a dyno because no one was able to tune the car the way he wanted so he set himself up. you could imagin the hours on the dyno too get the tune right. the Turbo is a garrett GT30 (from my research a GT3076 with .63 rear housing.)

Perfect tune and a well designed setup and i cant see why its not indeed an awsome little engine too build! Lets be alittle more positive and take it for what it is.

from what i can see, everything about this engine has been all about "control"
external gate - no spike
injection - complete fuel control
igintion - complete spark control
Plenum and single throttle body for volume
so with exactly perfect or stoich ratios and burn in this engine i am a strong believer that our A series engine is hugely under estimated.

we all know tuning is the key too making long lasting power from any engine. im sure you will agree that the tuners availble by no means spend enough time or energy to provide an amazing tune for all of our engines. think of what is capable with the SR20 and CA's with this attention to detail applied.

Sure this engine is not cheap. but makes power.

Posted on: 2008/9/17 10:28

From The garage, NZ
Group:
Registered Users
yaaaaaayyy, information. i freaking heart information.

Posted on: 2008/9/17 10:45

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]