Slow Search
Google Ad

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Paint colour for a 1200 coupe
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Just wondering if anyone had any ideas on black as a colour for a coupe. I know Davo has a black coupe, but the guy I'm getting to spray the car is saying black doesn't look
good on small cars..
Metalic green is another idea.
justin.

Posted on: 2001/3/13 12:09
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Paint colour for a 1200 coupe
Home away from home
From Sydney
Group:
Registered Users
Contentmaster
Heya Justin. I did own a 1200 with a black paint job. It looked really mean and i loved it until i wrote it off!! I had to clean it every week other wise it would look dirty but i would
recomend it anyday. I wouldnt spray another 1200 in black simply cause i've allready had one but it did look mad with all the chrome bits and pieces and nice wide chrome rims. If only i
still had it, it would have a A14 race engine under the hood by now!! I now have a dark blu 1200 with purple pearl thru the clear coat and it looks good. This one doesnt have any trim
on it so it looks pretty bland at the moment. If i had a choice right now to paint a 1200, i would do it in the WRX blu or in a flat color i would do it the Cop Car Paddy wagon blu. I
like blu 1200's. Anyway, good luck deciding!!

Scott
Davo

Posted on: 2001/3/13 4:08

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Its what you think of the colour that counts but can't say I've ever seen a small black car that stood out. No offence to Davo but I don't like black all that much. I have a MG Midget that
I have been also working on for the last couple of years. I jjust recently had it painted in the VT Commodore Brittanica Mica (metalic green) and it looks great. The hand spray job on a car
with some chrome I think looks better than the effect on the Commodore. Its basically a modern variation on Brittish Racing Green. If you look at it in the shade or from a certain angle it
just looks like dark green but set the light on it and the metalic comes out with a gold tinge. We sat a door on the ground after it was done and the color changes completely when you move
180 degrees around in the sun.

Posted on: 2001/3/13 6:26

Home away from home
From Good Old Knockfull, Tennessee, USA
Group:
Registered Users
In America, a black Datsun was a special car with more HP and/or luxury features. Black looks great if the body is straight but all wrinkles show if it isn't straight. Black
is hot in the sunshine.

Posted on: 2001/3/13 11:44

Home away from home
From Tassie, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with mareospeedwagon, black is damn hot in the sun. My coupe is metallic dark grey (like the R32 & R33 Syline GT-R's!) with colour coded bumpers and silver vents all around (side and
bonnet) and silver grill. It looks fantastic and gives it a dark and mysterious aspect at night.
I wouldnt go black as (no offence) bogans and other dickheads choose that because they are unimaginitive. With all the paint colours around be an individual, go different and choose
something that stands out, if thats what you want.
You are going to spend a lot of money on your respray like me so choose it right. If in doubt do what I did. I got the front section (bonnet, panels) painted then checked to see what it
looked right, luckily it was, but if it wasnt it wouldnt have been hard to change.
I also thought of canary yellow (but got turned off), that metallic green that is not dark, DO NOT CHOOSE WHITE as that wont stand out. Look through as many car magazines and paint brouchers
as you can before you decide.
The decision is yours, choose wisely!

Simon

Posted on: 2001/3/14 1:40

Home away from home
From Tassie, Australia
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with mareospeedwagon, black is damn hot in the sun. My coupe is NISSAN metallic dark grey (like the R32 & R33 Syline GT-R's!) with colour coded bumpers and silver vents all around
(side and bonnet) and silver grill. It looks fantastic and gives it a dark and mysterious aspect at night.
I wouldnt go black as (no offence) bogans and other dickheads choose that because they are unimaginitive. With all the paint colours around be an individual, go different and choose
something that stands out, if thats what you want.
You are going to spend a lot of money on your respray like me so choose it right. If in doubt do what I did. I got the front section (bonnet, panels) painted then checked to see if it
looked right, luckily it was, but if it wasnt it wouldnt have been hard to change.
I also thought of canary yellow (but got turned off), that metallic green that is not dark, DO NOT CHOOSE WHITE as that wont stand out. Look through as many car magazines and paint
brouchers as you can before you decide.
The decision is yours, choose wisely!

Simon

Posted on: 2001/3/14 1:42

Home away from home
From Wellington New Zealand
Group:
Registered Users
I like black coupes myself... though with it being a non standard colour they tend to become easily recognised. I had a black coupe years ago and inherited the legacy of hooning that the
previous owners had done in it. I was getting pulled up by Mr Plod all the time. There was a guy not far from where I was living who had a GX 1200 coupe from Japan factory black and he
started giving me sh** for all the stuff my cars owners had done because he was getting hassled by the law as well!! The previous owner was hard core with a few high speed chases to his
credit and a midnight escapade onto the airport runway being chased by airport security. I sold it in the end and bought a poo brown coupe, I chucked all the good gear in it and was never
hassled once. Moral of the story don't buy a distintive car with history... and whatever colour you paint your car it will be instantly recognisable in a sea of belly button Mazdabishis so be
careful when you give it heaps. Oh yeah, the guy who bought the black coupe rang me a couple of times asking what the hell I had done to piss the cops off as he was getting pulled as well!!!

Posted on: 2001/3/14 3:33

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
black attracts the sun, white repels the sun, simple...

Someone said something about being an individual? and choosing a clour that no one else has? Well.....i have a colour that would do that. It's called 'Magenta'. It's a kind of dark pink,
that was used on R/T chargers (sorry guys, i'm a chrysler fan as well =) ).
I dunno what it would look like just plain on a datto, coz the chargers had black decals etc on the bonnet and all that. It would be the colour of my choice if i ever bought a charger
though =)

But as for my datto, the poo brown colour is staying until it's starts peeling. I kinda like the poo brown colour anyway, hehe

Posted on: 2001/3/14 4:53

Home away from home
From Good Old Knockfull, Tennessee, USA
Group:
Registered Users
When I paint Mareo Speedwagon VII it will be Competition Yellow. It is the only yellow color that I like. I hate the baby shit yellow on Datsuns. Yellow is cool to the sun also. I will put
the interior into a light blue and highlight the exterior yellow with blue also. I think it will look good. I have painted a few KARTs the Competittion Yellow and I love that color. I think
I posted a 125 gearbox ENDURO Kart that is Copm Yellow.

Posted on: 2001/3/14 12:05

No life (a.k.a. DattoMaster)
From Snohomish, WA USA
Group:
Registered Users
My 1973 sedan (view under Dual Progressive pics) will also be Comp Yellow. I will also be putting on wide black racing decals (hood roof and trunk). Car should be completed by
the middle of April. Interior is complete with new carpet and seats. I will post pics when complete.

Ernie

Posted on: 2001/3/14 2:15

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.